PDA

View Full Version : new member

eagle1
29-03-2007, 02:45 PM
hi there every body,just a short hello,im new to this sight and i just wanted to say gedday,i live out mudgee way and fish windermere mainly,but love gettin to the coast when i have the time,theres a few ??id like to ask fellow members mainly about sounders ,because i want to update from my eagle 125 to a better quality sounder [i hear that the bass fishos are useing sounders these days that pic up your bait or lure in deep water and putting the lure right on the fishs nose,if any body could tell me the price and make of a sounder that can do this it would be greatly appreciated]any way gotta go to work soon ill catch ya tomorrow morning CHEERS:D

bluebeard
29-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Hey mate... I can't give any information on what sounder to get but there are those on this site who im sure will... Im mostly into bass fishing..Hope work went well... BB

Hardb8
29-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Hi eagle,
I trust you'll enjoy it here.I fish a bit of Bass,And have been using a Lowrance x67C in my kayak for a few years now.It is capable of the tasks you mention,And more.I think they're around $550 now.Good pixle count for it's size,And the colour screen is very visible in all lights.Night vision is cool too.

I'm sure you'll get all the info you can handle in the Electronics section.

Cheers m8.

eagle1
30-03-2007, 03:55 AM
Hardb8 & bluebeard thanks for the welcome and for the info, that sounder sounds like what im looking for and the price isnt bad neither, ill check it out and start to look for the best place to buy one. This sight has heaps of info, i think its gunna take me awhile to find every thing, and to work things out but so far so good.Havent had much time to fish lately,but i hope to get out to the dam on saturday to see whats about, ill keep in touch and let you now how i went CHEERS