PDA

View Full Version : hey hey!

ashh
24-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Hello everybody, another mad keen fisho here. Based on the goldy. Been fishing for quite a while now, only really used to go out when my bro would take his boat out, wasn't to keen on the land base stuff, we usually targeted bream with SPs as his boat was a custom bass boat job, full deck, leccy up the front blah blah... but now hes up north QLD way...chasin reef fish and barra...the lucky little sh!t
....anyways got my own boat now;D , so I am on the water most weekends venturing into areas Ive never fished and learning something new every time I take the boat out....more often than not its usually something I should't have done ::) lol.

Its just a little 3.7m tinny with forward controls & 25 merc to push it along, its not the biggest boat, but its got just about everything I need onboard.
Havent been game enough to venture out the seaway yet other than to surf straddy. Just waiting for that right day with no wind and no swell....
Im quite proud of my little boat, I'll post some pics up later after I finish putting the livewell in...
Anyways, I've allready learnt quite alot from what Ive been reading on this site, and its good to see theres quite a few locals on here.
Best site Ive come across so far;) I think I'll hang around for a while.
ok Ill stop typing now.
thanks for having me

Cheers
Ash http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j224/ashgilliver/new_all_coholic.gif

iwonna_snapper
25-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Welcome aboard Ash, good to hear you are out and about in your own boat it will make a big difference to your fishing, well that is what I found when I got my first boat. Anyway have fun reading the posts I am sure they will be very informative for you. As a new member myself the post I have read have encouraged me the venture over to Morton Island witch has change my view of fishing in Queensland.

Cheers,
Mark

Scalem
27-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the site Ash,

There's times when I wish I had a bigger boat, other times I wish I had one like yours, especially at the end of the day when I only have 1KG of prawns, but consumed 40 litres of fuel to get them:-/ But the thing is, you pass many a fisho on the shoreline on the way who give you a wave. I'm sure they are thinking they wish they could move because there's nothing happening where they are.

Post us the photos, and ask anything you like which might give you a better fishing experience from the members here;)

Scalem