PDA

View Full Version : Weaving Threads

sandyd
24-03-2007, 05:04 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried embroidery threads other then the Madeira range and if so what are the brand names?

We don't seem to have a lot of choice in Gladstone so today we (Owen) took a trip to Rockhampton, originally to go to a tackle place but with very little persuasion from me we ended up at spotlight first. There was a purpose for Owen agreeing and now I explain why.

My first mistake was not listening to those warning bells in my head, closely followed by my second mistake of not insisting we leave after we had been there for the first hour scrutinising ever thread size on every reel. To be honest I really enjoyed the experiene as I was finally able to take Owen shopping where he did not sit in the car waiting for me or head for the door 2 seconds after going into the shop. I can see many more bonding trips in the future.;D

We have now started our thread collection or at this stage we have embroidery threads (size 40) which we hope to be able to us as weaving threads for the rods. We plan to test the threads to see if they are able to be used for weaving purposes on our rods.

Will let you know what the out come is.