PDA

View Full Version : what are the runners from Pacific Bay like??

finga
23-03-2007, 07:44 AM
I'm looking at runners for the 'project' and saw these runners.
What are they like compared to the Fuji??
I was looking at the T or TV models. Or do I go the N??
What ring materials are best for a 2-4kg spin stick??
http://www.fishpacbay.com/products/guides-tops/casting-spinning-guides.html
What are other options??
Cheers and ta
Scott :)

roz
24-03-2007, 03:15 PM
I've no idea about the Pacific brand, probably just as good as fuji, with most things, you get what you pay for.

Unless you get some first hand opinions, just go for it.

I had a look and saved the link. The prices seem good as well, particularly with the Australian dollar at a 10 year high and climbing, now is definately the time to be buying from overseas.

I've made no secret about my thoughts on super expensive guides, mainly because my saltwater gear gets knocked around due to lack of storage in my boat.

Although as an exception I am going to lash out and get something special for my RBW effort.

I can't see any good reason why you shouldn't give them a go.... after all, guides can easily be replaced.

r.

grave41
24-03-2007, 10:39 PM
I havent fished with them but i"ve played with them on a rod.The titanium silicons appear to be as good as fuji if not better.
imo Graham

grave41
24-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Sorry they were American Tackle {AM_TAC} guides i looked at .
Graham

wheezer
26-03-2007, 01:57 PM
honestly would not touch anything but fuji guides. there's a reason that nearly all higher end rods have fuji on them.

ldnicolai1@comcast.n
05-04-2007, 12:10 PM
I have used both PacBay and American Tackle. The guide itself is nice, perfectly serviceable. The guide foot prep is a bit crude compared to Fuji but I prep each foot anyway and the cost difference is substantial.