PDA

View Full Version : Raymarine RC435 GPS Chartplotter

Foxy4
27-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Anyone using the Raymarine RC435 GPS Chartplotter? Have you any comments good or bad about them. I was looking at that one or the Navman Tracker 5607?

Grand_Marlin
27-02-2007, 10:52 PM
I have one ... I find it excellent.

The Raymarine is 10 times in front of Navman for quality.

Cheers

Pete

madman1
28-02-2007, 11:45 AM
I have the 435i and cant fault it at all.

Much better than the Garmin 72 I was fishing with not so long ago.

trueblue
28-02-2007, 12:44 PM
I have one as well. Beautiful unit.

Very highly visible screen even in bright daylight. Easy functionality, even when bouncing in the boat.

Highly recommended unit.

Cheers

peterreb
28-02-2007, 01:40 PM
I have had my unit for a bit over 12 months now, it's open to the elements, Centre Console, no shade at all, along with the raymarine sounder. Very robust and water proof.
Cheers Peter

Foxy4
28-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Many thanks for the replies. They sound like the way to go. I have a Quintrex 5mtr Coastal Raider Centre Console with a bimini top, so it will be out there in the open. I might go for the I version

trueblue
28-02-2007, 03:01 PM
PM me your email address and i'll send you a pdf of the owners manual for the unit if you like.

The "i" version (internal antenna) is definitely the go in an open boat. I went with the external antenna for mine because it was such a good unit that I can take it to a new boat of any kind if I upgrade boats. The internal antenna version can lose satelite occasionally with certain bimini frames, cabins, rocket launchers etc causing interferance. For bigger boats with cabin roofs etc covering the unit you would definitely want the external antenna.

Cheers

Mick

dynamicspot
28-02-2007, 06:26 PM
foxy 4 check pm

Greg

Sandy Cove Marine
04-05-2007, 02:21 AM
HI I work for a marine dealership in Canada and we're having trouble locating an owner's manual for the Raymarine rc435...if anyone can help us out that would be great...my email address in meaghan_nixon@yahoo.com.

Thank you!!!

Kerry
04-05-2007, 08:25 AM
HI I work for a marine dealership in Canada and we're having trouble locating an owner's manual for the Raymarine rc435...if anyone can help us out that would be great...my email address in meaghan_nixon@yahoo.com.

Thank you!!!

http://www.raymarine.com/raymarine/SubmittedFiles/Handbooks/Navigation/81236_2www.pdf

All the manulas are available on the Raymarine website, just got to know where to look.

Grand_Marlin
04-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Yeah, their website is not easy to find things on ... quite often doing a search on the site, or even a google search turns up more information about the Raymarine site than they show in their own menus !!

Cheers

Pete

MarcusF
05-05-2007, 10:48 AM
YEA I have a Raymarine RC400 handheld GPS found it was a beaut unit till it broke down. Was still in warranty and it now has been with Raymarine since January with no end it sight. So all I can say is the warranty service with my experience not what I would call the best far from it.

trueblue
05-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Yeah, their website is not easy to find things on ... quite often doing a search on the site, or even a google search turns up more information about the Raymarine site than they show in their own menus !!

Cheers

Pete

Don't know where you are all are coming from here. No problems at all finding owners manuals.

www.raymarine.com (http://www.raymarine.com), then on that first home page that comes up you will see "OWNERS MANUALS" directly listed under FAQ.

Also if you got to Chart plotters, then look at the type you want, there is also a tab that says owners manuals.

Very easy to find.

Cheers

Mick

Grand_Marlin
05-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Trueblue.... try finding some older units through the menu....

especially Raytheon .

Cheers

Pete

trueblue
05-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Point taken Pete. Sorry I thought people were saying theat they couldn't locate the 435 chartplotter manual

cheers

Mick

Grand_Marlin
05-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Yes Mick, they actually are, just commenting that thr Raymarine site has a lot of info on it that isnt always easy to find.

Some may not know that Oceantalk Australia who used to be the Raymarine distributor have had to hand the dealership back to Raymarine ... Raymarine Australia is now a direct arm of Raymarine England.

That may account for part of the slow warranty work ... also, the handheld unit has been removed from production as they had too many problems with them.

Shame, as I thought they were a great unit.

Cheers

Pete