PDA

View Full Version : McCreadys Ck Crab Pots Stolen

birko
25-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Had 4 new crab pots stolen from McCreadys creek in Mackay in the early hours of Saturday morning. All properly taged on the pots with name and adress. Just put on the new floats, might need to reconsider the bright floats that lock together and wind rope around. Mates older style wire type pots were not stolen but all checked and chucked up on the bank. Reported to police, never know they may turn up in a raid or something.

madman1
28-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Is this a regular occurance up that way?

I'm moving there in the next two weeks and will be parked next to my pots by the looks of it.

Do you get many muddies up there when your pots are left alone?

Hope you find them.

Cheers

Mark

birko
02-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Hi Mark
Hope the move goes well.
This is the first time it has happened to me but I have only started crabbin for the past couple of months. It is a problem you hear about a fair bit. Sometimes i think it can be loss dueto tidal run as opposed to out and out theft as we have some pretty big tidal variations here, but in my case they were tied off onto mangroves and could not go anywhere. But you cant let the actions of a minority stop you doing what you enjoy. I am just wary now of leaving pots out overnight.
Cheers
Birko