PDA

View Full Version : 435 hornet trophy

tim barra master
18-02-2007, 05:04 PM
I have recently purchased a new quintrex hornet trophy with a 50hp 4stroke efi a rt55ap and all the trimmings of wich is a 45 litre under floor fuel tank the fuel guage reeds empty at about 2/3 of a tank has anyone else had this problem from a new quintrex?

luskin
18-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Hi Tim

My hornet is a year old and doesn't show true level either.

I can live with it just don't run out:D

Take it back if ya not happy but s'up to you mate

Cheers from Broome

Sy

Ninja
18-02-2007, 08:06 PM
An option is a fuel flow meter.

Obi _ Wan
18-02-2007, 09:20 PM
G'Day again Tim,

Mate if it dosen't work take it back to the dealer and have it fixed!
My Hornet is two years old now and there is still aluminium waste (from drilling etc, ) comming out the bungs and there has been a fair bit caught in the fuel filter.
Maybe a piece of this ribbish has been caught up in your guage??

Cheers,
Obi_Wan

Mercury16
06-05-2007, 08:42 PM
hey guys,
Im looking to buy a 435 hornet trophy with a side console and i was just wondering if you could give me some feedback if you own one.
perhaps the pros and cons?
thanks alot
Regards Peter

snakecatcher
10-05-2007, 04:39 PM
I've got a 4.75 hornet trophy and I am very happy with it. They are an extremely stable boat when at rest i.e. 3 big blokes can all be on the same side without much of a lean. Downside is they handle like a wayward shopping trolley at low speeds which can be a problem if you like going up small creeks and need to turn quickly. I also wouldn't want to take it offshore in rough weather.

If you are looking for a boat to be used in creeks/lakes/estuaries which is very fisherman friendly and rides well in calm - calmish weather then I would recommend one