PDA

View Full Version : Cooby Cod

Chris_J
03-01-2002, 11:35 AM
G'day

I was just wondering if anyone had much sucess on the Murray Cod in Cooby. I have taken four in the last three weeks on spinnerbaits the biggest was 90cm an good fish in it own rights. I have had most sucess on fairly small spinnerbaits to about 1/4 ounce with a black and red skirt.
It will be interesting to see peoples proven patterns.

Regards

Chris J

sav
06-01-2002, 06:24 PM
Chris
I've fished Cooby heaps of times and only landed one undersize cod on lures. I've caught another 3 on bait and only one of those was over 60cm (62cm). This is over about 3 years.
What technique do you use with the spinner - cast and retrieve or troll behind your boat.
I've still got old celtic spinners with that pattern which I use for yellowbelly in western rivers, so may give them ago and change my luck.
What sort of boat do you have - must have seen you on the water some time.
Regards
Sav

Chris_J
06-01-2002, 07:35 PM
sav

i have been using small 1/8-1/4 once spinnerbaits bushwacker and the a like. i cast them into/out from the deep rocky banks counting it down to or just off the bottom and then just wind in slowly with the odd pause.

On the boat subject I'm in the process of setting out a new 435 hornet trophy i have another small piece of crap that i have to use at the moment but yeah thats about to change. #What sort of boat do u have?? I would have seen u sometime i spend a hell of alot of time on the water.

Well cya on the water CJ