Kinchant Dam # # # # #60%
Eungella Dam # # # # #80%
Teemburra Dam # # #82%
Lake Julius # # # # # # # 82%
Lake Tinaroo # # # # # 75%
Burdekin Falls Dam # 89%

The_Walrus
28-01-2002, 07:15 PM
Some of those dams desperatly need for the fill tap to get turned on.

Can't see it happening unless we get some serious monsoon type weather. Need a "friendly" cyclone to travel off the coast and dum water !!! ::)

Luc

Fitzy
28-01-2002, 07:59 PM
Hi Luc,
Sure do need some water in places.
Those figures were from the Sunwater website (except for Somerset, Big W & Samsonvale from SEQWCorp)

Am told that Atkinsons is actually at 3% not the 9% quoted.

Anyone know a good rain dance?

krazyfisher
29-01-2002, 04:08 AM
Fitzy
I was told by a near by land owner of cania that they may stop fishing there soon as the water is too low?? and an other close by dam cann't remember the name has been dry for 2-3 years they are driving around on the bottom.

nev
29-01-2002, 04:27 AM
the area sure needs a drink
but would you have the readings for S.E.Q. and northern N.S.W. Glenlyon coperton etc.

Fitzy
29-01-2002, 08:30 AM
the area sure needs a drink
but would you have the readings for S.E.Q. and northern N.S.W. Glenlyon coperton etc.

Hi Nev,
Gelnlyon is at 55%.
For NSW dams go to the following site http://waterinfo.dlwc.nsw.gov.au/sr/StorageSummary.html

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Fitzy
29-01-2002, 08:36 AM
Fitzy
I was told by a near by land owner of cania that they may stop fishing there soon as the water is too low?? and an other close by dam cann't remember the name has been dry for 2-3 years they are driving around on the bottom.

Hi Crazy,
Just happens that I was in a meeting on Saturday with one of the Fisheries fellas that monitor Cania. He said that the saratoga & jew have both spawned during the low water, the bass & yellowbelly have lost a little weight & the silver perch are piling the weight on.
No significant impacts on the the fishery so far. Some 02 levels are down but not critical to date. There are no weed beds to speak on left either.

I've heard nothing about closing Cania to fishing. Nearby dam? I Think Callide or Wuruma would be the nearest to Cania. Both are quite low.

Hope that helps,

Fitzy..

sav
06-02-2002, 04:04 PM
Fitzy
How come Cressbrook and Cooby miss the list. Cause they're not in the SIP system. This will change I am lead to believe. I think they are both around the high 80's and with the rain around at the moment who knows..

Regards
Sav

Fitzy
06-02-2002, 06:03 PM
Hi Sav,
I didn't include Cooby or Cressbrook because they don't ring me to tell me the levels, nor do they put the levels on the net anywhere that I know of. I aint callin STD just to get a bloody answering machine from the cranky ranger.

Hope that clears it up.

Fitzy..