PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Golden Lure

Smithy
12-07-2002, 01:02 PM
"THE GOLDEN LURE"

CATCH AND RELEASE COMPETITION

(BJELKE-PETERSEN DAM)

Capitalising on the success of the inaugural "Golden Lure" held in 2001, the Kingaroy Sportfishing Club (A.N.S.A.) are looking forward to running this event once again at Bjelke-Petersen Dam on the 2nd and 3rd of November 2002. The 2001 event saw just over 100 anglers catch and release just over 1000 Golden Perch and Australian Bass longer than 30cm.

Bjelke-Petersen Dam is situated near Murgon, 2 ½ hours drive north of Brisbane. It has great facilities which include bunkhouses, fully self-contained cabins, a caravan park with powered sites, hot showers and a well equipped café and tackle shop making it easy for all competitors to enjoy the competition. There are also many wineries and other tourist attractions within close proximity of the dam. Why not make it a great family weekend!

Bjelke-Petersen Dam is one of the premier impoundments of South-East Queensland, gaining a reputation for trophy size Golden Perch and Australian Bass in recent years. This reputation draws fishermen from all over the country. The month of November should also see the dam fishing its best. After a long cold winter the hungry fish will be out on the extensive flats and weed beds looking for any morsel they can find, including lures. Is it any wonder why we chose Bjelke-Petersen Dam in November as the venue for the competition!

The event is a non-invitational catch and release competition with everyone welcome to attend. There must be two people per team and only artificial lures, baits and flys can be used. Trolling lures is allowed and our club has tried to make this competition as enjoyable as possible by having the rules this way. In keeping with this fun theme, just like the old days, the emphasis isn’t on the prizes but on the fishing and the enjoyment that goes with it.

There will be a small number of top quality prizes and trophies which we trust will be valued by all competitors. Prizes and trophies will be given for Champion Team + Runner Up, Champion Senior + Runner Up, Champion Junior + Runner Up, Longest Golden Perch and Longest Australian Bass. There will also be two perpetual trophies up for grabs for Champion Team and Champion Angler (Senior or Junior).

For the entry fee of $60 you will get all meals for the weekend, nomination into the competition and a satisfying and relaxing weekend. Don’t forget that it is BYO alcohol. Nominations close last mail Friday 25th October 2002.

Camping arrangements can be made with Yallakool Tourist Park on (07) 4168 4746.

For more information contact: Robert Smith (Secretary) Kingaroy Sportfishing Club Inc.

Work (07) 4162 6235 Fax (07) 4162 4806

E-mail blackfin15@yahoo.com.au

sav
12-07-2002, 04:50 PM
Smithy
Cragie and I will be there again this year and will be in touch soon with our applic.
Great comp last year and we had a fantastic time. Lets hope it fishes well again this year.
Are we going to have the bush poetry again this year - I closed my eyes and dreamt of dancing girls.
Keep up the great work on this comp.
Regards
Sav (one of the Toowoomba visitors)

Brett_Finger
12-07-2002, 05:21 PM
Smithy,
good to see ya still alive and kicking mate,the fishin has been good over here lately,hope it's been kind to you.
i see it's been bloody cold !!! over your way...brrrrrrrrr.
i'll stick to the warmer place 8)
Brett ;D

tonyp
12-07-2002, 06:37 PM
Smithy you forgot to tell all about the new Swiming pool there also for the Mum's and kids instead of swiming in the dam if they wish, And it may come as a bonus at that time of year.

Cheers Tony Payne

Smithy
12-07-2002, 06:59 PM
And also the water slide that is going in down near the old ski club!

Tony - need you and some of guys to come up and put a bit of time in at BP Dam over the winter to try and work it out for us. We have been too busy fishing Somerset and Boondooma the last couple of years to worry. BP goes orf in spring but there will be plenty of opportunity for you Brisbane and coastal guys to come up our way once the pre-fishing ban starts at Boondooma in August.

StevenD
16-07-2002, 04:10 AM
Goodday Smithy,
# # # # # # # # # # # We'll bring up a few guys & see what we can do for you?

We'll also be bringing a few guys to your Golden lure comp this year.

Smithy can you send down 25 applications please & I'll hand them out?

We'll look forward to hitting BP with you soon.

Regards StevenD
07 38862398