PDA

View Full Version : unknown fish in Tingalpa Creek

DJ
11-08-2002, 11:01 AM
Does anyone have any idea of what type of fish that lives in the upper reachs of the Tingalpa creek. They look a bit like a herring or tarpan.The fish will take flies and lures.
Cheers DJ http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm24.gif

scotty.emu
11-08-2002, 03:22 PM
G'day DJ,

how far up tinnie creek are you talking? I used to regularly fish this creek up to as far as Molle Rd a couple of times. Besides bream and flathead caught quite a few eels and the odd gar/longtom.

robgps20
12-08-2002, 05:27 PM
I'm also curious how far up tingalpa creek your talking? Do you have any more info on the fish, appearance, size etc? Did you catch one or just see the fish swimming? Were you fishing from the boat or shore, and if you were fishing from a boat, did u launch at the mouth? I often find navigating that area difficult, with water IN the channels dropping to half a metre or less at low tide. Does it get deeper as you head upstream past the rail bridges?

Cheers
Rob Russell

landy1
12-08-2002, 06:16 PM
g'day all
wouldnt be to suprised if it was tarpon. i regularily poke around the mouth of tinnie and lota and several other creeks around the place hold tarpon in the upper reaches. were you up past the main road bridge? i have often thought about having a poke around behind the golf course to see whats about up there.
cheers

Lennie
14-08-2002, 06:38 AM
I bet you were around the Moreton Bay bypast area near Capalaba Central. I have caught Mullet and a few Tarpon their. I would think a boat would not be possible. I fish from the bank you can find areas to fly fish too. Another place is off windermere Road at Alex Hills, turn in to Glover Drand walk along the creek. The creek is low at the moment but after rain it can fire with Tarpon.
Lennie