PDA

View Full Version : Boondooma Dam

Robbie_Mac
01-12-2002, 07:22 AM
I was wondering what fish you get in Boondooma Dam, and can you camp there?

Brian
01-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Hiya Robbie,

Well for start you have

Australian Bass
Golden Perch
Silver Perch
Cod
Catfish (Tandanus Tandanus)

Additionaly i have heard rumours of sarratoga (never seen one caught)

Barra i know 66.000 where placed in around 1996 but to date i have only heard a confirmed capture of a baby barra, that was prior to the big floods and have heard nothing of the big silver fellas sinse.

Then again don't know anyone targeting them to see if any are still about.

Camping

ou have a few options the workers quarter at the top of the dam and powered site. This place also takes caravans. Then you have the lakeside camping which do not have power.

There is also 5 self contained cabins and a kiosk.

The cost of camping Non powered is i beleive $8.00 a night $ 10.00 for a bed in the quarters or $45.00 a night in the cabins.

For more info contact Lance or Kristy on 41689694

Brian

bassman
02-12-2002, 12:57 AM
Gday mate
I fished Boondooma for the first time about a month ago and had some of the best Bass fishing I ever had. Also caught some really nice Yellowbelly. had a great time cant wait to go back. There are other places to camp around the dam other than the camping facilities offered by the council. Next time that is were Ill camp, I prefer to be away from people when Im camping. Its hard to get that at the council camp. Have a great time mate.

Brian
02-12-2002, 03:26 PM
Which locations would these be ???? the lake side camping i am talking about covers both ramps and right up one of the inlets. Not sure of any other council places to camp there. Most of the other place are on private property.

Brian