PDA

View Full Version : Maroon 10Apr05 with pics

aaron_gilmour
12-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Hi all,

Went back to Maroon yesterday afternoon for another go at the bass. Ended up with 13 bass for the 3 hr session. Best of the day went 33cm, the rest all between 28-29.5cm.

Caught most on gold jackall slow rolled back over the weed beds. As it got darker I changed to a river2 sea Bubble poper and was getting hit nearly every cast. Got 4 bass on the popper before I had to leave them biting and head for the ramp before it got to dark. Will have to change the hooks on the popper as I had a very poor hookup rate. I am thinking od tying some small white feather to the rear treble to increase hook ups.

Cheers
Aaron

aaron_gilmour
12-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Here is a bass on the jackall. it is loosing its paint job after catching 17 bass in the last few weeks!!

seqfisho
13-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Nice fish Arron

I just love Maroon Dam. ;D

Jeez, I would have thought that at $25+ a pop that those jackalls would hold their finish a bit better. :o

Regards Glen.

aaron_gilmour
13-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Hi Glen,

a majority of the fisish is worn away by the front treble hook. I think all metalic paint jobs on all lures come off prettty easy. The jackalls like the ghost Ayu etc that are semi transparent and very natural looking hold the finish much longer.

The jackall are a great lure , swim at a very slow retrive that other lures in its class cannot match although I am very happy also with the lucky craft Lv series.
I have attached apic of a new Luckycraft lure I just got from Japan. The LV-0 is just like the other Lipless crankbaits eg Jackall/Lv series but it has a bib. The bib actually makes the lure swim towards the surface thus effectively fishing the first 30cm of water as I have read on the net. I hope it will allow me to fish in closer to the weed beds. It has the rattles etc and will sink down to the desired depth before you start the retrive and make the lure climb up the water column.

Let you know how it goes when I have a fish this thurs morning.

Cheers
Aaron

Cloud_9
13-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Gaday Arron my jackall is looking pretty sad too , mines got 16 bass on it so far and that was just saturday morning past.
did you fish the areas i said or just your normal hunting grounds?
where did you find that lure? the net or elsewhere.
mite try the bass pro shop on the gold Coast, they have more jackalls than ive seen anywhere.

Cheers Cloud 9

aaron_gilmour
14-04-2005, 05:56 AM
Hi Cloud 9,

I went back to tthe usual hunting grounds but when I first turned up i thought I might have to abandon them and try on the southern shoreline oposite the ramp due to the wind. Luckily the wind dropped off so I was able to fish the yellow bouy area.

as for the lures I am getting them either on ebay from japan or on the web. It generally works out to be about cheaper than getting them here in aust. How much are the jackall at Bass pro on the goldie? Do you know if they sell Lucky craft as well?

Cheers
Aaron

P.S will prob be down on maroon again this sun afternoon by 3ish . Tommorow morning might try Moograh in the down timber area if there is still weater down that end. I dony have my sounder back yet so Wont be able to follow the creek bed and troll.

seqfisho
14-04-2005, 06:25 AM
Hi Arron & Jamie,

I havent been to Maroon since before Xmas, whats the water levels like ATM and how hard would it be to launch a 3.7mt edgetraker, that is reasonably heavy , ie; cant be lifted on and off the trailer as has 25hp 4st and bowmount etc are trailer launches still possible?

Glen.

aaron_gilmour
14-04-2005, 08:09 AM
Hi Glen,

I have seen some preety big spped boats and some 4-5mt cuddy cabs running around the lake in the last month. You shouldnt have probs with launching but what do I know, I have a kayak ;D

Cheers
Aaron