PDA

View Full Version : Awoonga Report 7th feb

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
07-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Just a quick note to report on the fishing at Lake Awoonga recently. I have done a few charters lately, all with good, positive results. Yes, the fishing it not easy, but my clients are persevering and coming through with the rewards by the end of the day. The talk is that both Monduran and Awoonga have gone quiet, but the fish are still available to be caught lure fishing during the day. If you are keen to fish the nights, the results can be better again. Lots of fish have moved deep, up to 60 ft below, so the challenge is there for those who visit. My fishing clients seem to enjoy the challenge of daylight lure fishing and they are rewarded for their efforts with grins and smiles that won't be wiped from their face too easily.
Yesterday, a visitor from Denmark landed this good Awoonga barra whilst casting during the day. He had never barra fished, lure fished, or even used a baitcasting reel before. So, there are many challenges, and many satisfying rewards to complete a day on the water.
The trolling has gone quiet for obvious reasons, but I imagine this coming week will see a multitude of anglers on the water with interesting results.
Thought a few people may have been interested in some sort of report.

Cheers,
JohnnyM

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
07-02-2006, 01:02 PM
barra caught casting

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
07-02-2006, 01:03 PM
casting

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
07-02-2006, 01:05 PM
perseverance pays off

A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE
07-02-2006, 01:06 PM
and wagging school is sometimes done to go fishing!!!!!!

McCod
07-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Hey Johnny..... thanks for the report mate! That’s a top effort by the coach and the angler who had never used a baitcaster or lures before to be able to cast up a barra on the first outing . Considering how tuff the fishing is supposed to be. Top stuff Johnny [smiley=thumbsup.gif].

Cheers Les

born2fly
07-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Nice fish there,
hope the fishing fires up for this weekend otherwise 6hrs travel and 4 days away for naught :(
Ah well, luckily I have my handy bourbon and poker set to keep ,y crew entertained if it's no good :)