PDA

View Full Version : How to prepare grunter for the table????

Krazi-kev
17-08-2006, 12:35 PM
I have caught a few grunter lately and want to know how others prepare this fish for the table

any suggestions???

Roo
17-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Never had one myself but they look like a bream. not sure of eating qualities so i'd treat like a bream and throw it back and catcha flattie ;D ;D ;D

or bake with lemon and butter. :-?

cheers, roo.

Volvo
18-08-2006, 10:38 PM
To me they are up there among the top eating Fish ;). Filleted and bread crumbed or in batter, Gilled , gutted and grilled, or wrapped in foil and in the webber they are finger lickin good.
They is a top fish fer sure.
Cheers

Krazi-kev
19-08-2006, 07:04 AM
Thanks Volvo,

I must agree with you.......................yummy fish all right!

Filleted are exellent and baked whole was also great. I will try with breadcrumbs.

Nice to catch, good little fighters , good looking fish and very tasty.
Cheers. I hope they stay around a little longer as the water up here in Townsville is starting to warm up.

cheers

lippa
19-08-2006, 01:38 PM
they are great chewing!!! we caught a heap around the karma on monday!

cheers

lippa

FISHERGIRL69
21-08-2006, 11:15 AM
GRUNTERS ARE GREAT EATING, CATCH HEAPS OUT AT BEAVER ROCK AND AROUND RIVER HEADS. I ALWAYS SIMPLY SPRINKLE THE FILLETS WITH LEMON PEPPER AND SALT, DUST WITH FLOUR AND THEN INTO A HOT OILED PAN AND SHALLOW FRY TILL CRISP AND BROWNED. SERVE THAT WITH CHIPS AND SALAD AND LEMON WEDGES.... YUMMMMMO!

Krazi-kev
25-08-2006, 08:10 AM
I like the fillet recipe

give it a go tonight as I caught 2 last night
yum

mini696
19-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Never had one myself but they look like a bream. not sure of eating qualities so i'd treat like a bream and throw it back and catcha flattie ;D ;D ;D

or bake with lemon and butter. :-?

cheers, roo.

Grunter are great!! A very tasty fish.

I bake whole with lemon. But then thats what I do with all my fish.