PDA

View Full Version : New Fish Recipe No name yet.

shayned
11-10-2006, 09:21 AM
This is a new recipe I've come up with, so far I've used it on flathead and on chicken and it comes up a treat. It's also very quick to do and doesn't overpower the fish flavour. It's a work in progress without definite measures just roughs so far.
It's basically a fried marinade turned into a wet dish to be served with rice. It's almost a curry but not quite.

Marinade
Approx 500gm of cubed fish or chicken.
Teaspoon of tamarind paste or chutney
Teaspoon of crushed garlic
Teaspoon of minced ginger
Couple of tablespoons of olive oil
Juice of one lemon
salt and cracked black pepper
Mix together in a bowl and let marinate for at least 20 mins or up to 2 hrs.

Brown off meat in a fry pan and put aside in a clean bowl.

Into same frypan sautee off 4 chopped shallots with 1 and a half teaspoons of garam masala (crushed chilli), add 250ml of pouring cream leave on heat and reduce the cream by a quarter. While reducing add 4 shakes of tumeric powder and one shake of cummin powder. Careful with the tumeric as too much makes it bitter. Add fish back to frypan to warm and serve with rice. YUM! :P :P

Last time I did it I added a squeeze of parsley in a tube right at the end and this didn't hurt it.

BrandonH
12-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Sounds good Mate ;) will give it a go for sure next time I can convince the misses to cookup some fish :-X or as you suggested chicken. although it might be best used on something thats been in the frezor for 6 months :-[

Cheers N
Tight Lines

Brandon...