PDA

View Full Version : salt&pepper calamari recipe thats not deepfried?

leeshy_louie
23-10-2006, 02:10 PM
looking for a recipe thats not deep fried..... i think i saw one on tv once that was done on the bbq

leeshy_louie
30-10-2006, 04:05 PM
i think u can do it on the bbq or something?

leeshy_louie
30-10-2006, 04:05 PM
but i dont know how to do that.... ;D

stevedemon
30-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi Leeshy
For your B.B.Q Calamari try this one
Full Calamari Squid remove Head and tentacle’s keep for bait
remove and clean inside by opening out with sharp knife
score the Calamari with knife do not cut right through
then add Salt & pepper a little papirka, Garlic and squeeze of fresh lemon
to cook on B.B.Q add olive oil to hot plate with Onions then add Calamari
will take about 5 – 10 mins depends on how cooked you like it and how hot B.B.Q is
Serve with fresh Salad and B.B.Q cook Chips

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve 8-) 8-)

Tony_N
25-11-2006, 05:24 AM
Leeshy

As above - but we cut the body into strips first, then soak them in water that has just been taken boiling from the stove for 30 seconds. Lemon/white wine/ garlic/ herbs etc as above and put it on the barbie for just long enogh to mix it with the already cooked onions/capsicum/hertbs (30 seconds to a minute). This gives much more tender calamari.

Punkin
25-11-2006, 06:29 AM
Put 1 tablespoon salt in plastic bag, add 1 tablespoon of chilli powder (you could make this half chilli and half pepper or half pepper and half crushed toasted szechuan peppercorns) and 4 tablespoons of plain flour. Add squidly's (Tentacles too), shake and either shallow fry or BBQ in some bland cooking oil 8-) ;)

mylestom
25-11-2006, 11:15 AM
All sounds great can taste it now.

Lots of salt and pepper can some one supply the calamari.

Trev

woppa
26-11-2006, 08:10 PM
The main secret ingredient of salt and pepper squid is chinese 'five spice' powder, so make sure you have some of that. Usually we just shallow fry ours. But if you don't have five spice it doesn't taste like propper salt and pepper squid.