PDA

View Full Version : New Fishing Rod

CrazyCray
02-12-2001, 11:24 AM
I need some advice on fishing rods. #Can anyone recommend a good brand? #The fishing rod is for a new fisherman, #who will be using it for boat and jetty fishing in freshwater and saltwater locations.

PAYNE
02-12-2001, 12:30 PM
What you end up with will depend on how much you want to outlay. There are some great combos around from Shakespeare, Daiwa and Shimano.
Email Travis at Springwood Marine on tackleshop@springwoodmarine.com.au who can help you out with prices.
$200 can get you a great spinning outfit.
Best of luck, Leeann :D

Jason_L
02-12-2001, 09:37 PM
heya.

i only last week bought a new fishing outfit for about the same purposes you need it for

i bought it for bream fishing mainly.

my reel consists of an Abu Garcia Agenda AG6F is teh model.

Paid $76 for it
3 steel ball bearings
instant anti reverse
one piece graphite body
weighted to about 10 - 15lb line

i also bought a rod for it at teh same time. cuz one is useless without the other
I paid $56 for that
it's also an Abu Garcia.
weighted to about 6 - 8kg.
6foot long i think.

it's weighted absolutely perfectly

i only ended up paying $118 for the set. got 10% off ($132)
:)

adrian
06-12-2001, 08:55 AM
hi crazy
A lot to think about really what line class 1 piece or two , spin or side cast .
i'd get one for each of your choices . :D in no order here goes some things to chew over
1 .boat rod . a six or 7 foot rod with your choice of side or spin reels pending on if it's your boat or not will allow for room I have a 7 foot live fibre rod with a spin reel which is really good and is very senative you can feel the bites better . it is in the 4 - 6 kg line class . good outfit but not cheap but it will cover the jetty fishing as well
2 fresh water. I've got a bullwhip 2 - 4 kg again with a spin & one as a overhead reel
it will come down two how much you are willing to spend and what ever the amount buy the best you can afford it is not easy buying your first rod and reel . but get one with a soft tip if the shop you are buying from doesn't want to spend time with you to answer all your questions in plain english then don't buy from them you need alot of info before you make your choice and part with your hard earned cash

I think i've given you more questions than answers but only you know what you want
anzac