PDA

View Full Version : Abu Garcia Eon

adza
18-12-2001, 03:40 PM
Can anyone tell me if the abu eon baitcaster is available in Australia yet. If so who is stocking them.

Cheers Adza ;D

Andrew
18-12-2001, 05:46 PM
Yes, it's avaliable but there have been complaints that the release machanism for the level wind didn't work so all the ones for sale in Australia have been altered so the level wind is permanently on. And they're expensive. Andrew

Jack_Lives_Here
20-12-2001, 03:39 AM
Took one up north with me in September, a 5600 model. It cast like a dream for 5 days and then let me down during a hot barra bite on a snag - I was not a happy camper. >:( >:( As Andrew mentioned, I experienced it first hand - the level wind just ceased to work. The guy that sold me the reel was also in the boat - he went aweful quiet and he was looking like he might have to walk home. :-[ :-[ I threw the calcutta 200 I had as a spare on and I was away again. They have since fixed it so i'll give it another chance over xmas. Like I said it cast well, the drag seemed smooth and it was comfortable to use.

All the best
Jack

adza
20-12-2001, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the reply's. I think I will just go with the old tried and trusted abu's.

Cheers, adza ;D

Rumpig
12-01-2002, 03:43 PM
I reckon the new Abu C4's are the go. One of my mates has got one and he reckons it's the bees knees, and so do I LOL, nice quick retrieev, 4 bearings, not too expenceive and as reliable as the old ones.

Mick

Fitzy
13-01-2002, 09:22 AM
Hi Guys,
On the last charter trip into Shoalwater Bay, one of the clients bought a brand new one with him & wanted to use it. After a few fingermark, estuary cod & its first barra it packed it in.
Only time I've seen one used so far so that's the limit if my experience with them.

A mate has one & has made comments, but I'll leave that up to him to post his oppinion here.

I'm also told they are addressing the problems.

Australia should always be the first place they test out new gear. Aussies & Aussie fish will find the weak points in hurry!!

Cheers,

Fitzy..