PDA

View Full Version : Birds nest

Luke
20-01-2002, 07:16 PM
I reckon we should have a comp to see who is the fastest to see who can get rid of a birdsnest with mono line out of a baitcaster- I reckon that would be good comp and lets face it i, it happens

krazyfisher
21-01-2002, 06:41 PM
I should me able to give you guys a run for your money as I have had alot of practice thanks to abu 6000c this was my first overhead and was used for lures with no one to show me how to use it or adjust it. and if that doesn't work I can cut them out pretty quick too. ha ha ;D

adrian
22-01-2002, 02:26 PM
hi guys
like everyone birdsnest is commonI to have great skill in getting them out . bit hard on the wallet replacing line though

anzac

stephen_t
23-01-2002, 01:14 PM
luke
the first time I got an over spool with braid on my abu I pulled the knot tight WOOPS and then that was it the braid was too tight,out come the knife .worst part was I was no where near water just in the back yard......so if part of your come is using a knife count me in........

Luke
25-01-2002, 03:56 PM
Gday Steve,
no worries mate I'm at the stage now I don't have to use the knife any more. Those chicken wings can work amazing angles. Glad the fly lines don't tangle like that ;D
Luke