PDA

View Full Version : silstar traverse x

Andrew
19-02-2002, 05:06 PM
Has anyone exp. with above rod in the 12ft, 10-15 kilo o'head version, what action does it have?thanks, Andrew

Stuart
20-02-2002, 11:58 AM
Andrew, The travers X blank that you mention is fast and also comes with a high recoil so fishing all day with this model will kill your shoulder providing your casting alott with it. The blanks have heaps of carbon wich makes them very casting tools but at that lenght you might want to look at somthing else.

Stuart Mackenzie
Precision Rods

Andrew
20-02-2002, 05:25 PM
Thanks Stuart, I was hoping to be able to use the rod to bait fish for snapper/jew off the rocks with a speedmaster and need distance. Even though it is a fast taper would it do for a set bait rod? Thanks, Andrew.
ps. Where's Precision Rods based?

Stuart
23-02-2002, 12:31 PM
That would be fine mate, I thought you might be casting it all day such as spinning of the rocks but baiting with it will be great. As for distance it should just drop short of N.Z just remember not to high stick it to much it will let go in a big way. Precision Rods is based on the Sunshine Coast in Q.L.D if you are ever up this way drop in and say G,day.

Stuart Mackenzie

Rumpig
01-03-2002, 08:16 AM
Gidday, have you thought about a Pasific Composites
FSU 4/5120 3.05m
FSU4144G (Graphbutt) 3.66m
FSU5144G (Graphbutt) 3.66m

All nice sticks, personally I use a FSU5120 with an extention for spinning, it does the job it after a session with that I'm pretty worked due to it's weight and wind resistance.

The afformentioned blacks are all lighter and thinner in diameter so they should be more manageable and they'll all make good casting rods.

Mick

P.S. Where abouts are you?

Andrew
01-03-2002, 09:53 AM
Rumpig, I have an fsu o'head approx 8 1/2 foot . The traverse x was on offer and a second rod doesn't hurt, so I was checking it out for a trade.
I live in Bomaderry . Nice spot for fishing - but still have to work unfortunately. Andrew.

Rumpig
01-03-2002, 10:50 AM
Gidday Andrew, which state is Bomaderry in? Can't say I've heard of it.

Yeah, a second rod can never hurt, neither can a third or forth ..... ;D ;)

My SFU was origionally 10', it's now around 11' as I stuck a sandspike on the butt to turn it into a casting rod.

Mick

Andrew
20-03-2002, 11:54 AM
What? Haven't heard of Bomaderry! Not surprizing really!It's at the end of the railway line, last stop, on the Northern side of the Shoalhaven River, NSW. Nowra is on the South side of the river. Andrew.