PDA

View Full Version : fast action flyrods

Malcolm_Mead
11-04-2002, 08:57 AM
G'day; I have a Sage 7 weight flyrod XP 790-4 Graphite 111e rod which I find has a medium fast action. Can anyone recommend anything with a faster action? I have used a friend's G-Loomis GLX 7 weight and this has proved to have a faster action (casts line like a rocket) but is a little too expensive at the moment for this little black duck. Is there anything out there on the market which is cheaper? :o

shawn
11-04-2002, 04:36 PM
G'day Malcolm,
Have you had a look at the Strudwick range? I have a FWT 4wt and it is a great little rod, with a fast action. The DBT and the TPS series are also worth a look.
cheers.....Shawn http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm7.gif

Randall
13-04-2002, 04:01 AM
G`day Shaun. Good luck at the Tuna comp mate. Hope you bend those Struddies!!!!

Was good to put a face to name at Maroon last week.

If ever you see the HOL boat around, come over for a chin wag.

Regards, Randall.

aussiebasser
13-04-2002, 03:55 PM
I believe Loomis are bringing the IMX range of Fly Rods back, they are slightly lower in price than the GLX, but still a very fast action.

Maxg
15-04-2002, 11:39 PM
If you are into fast action fly rods I suggest you save some money and get a Temple Fork Outfitters from Chris Dunham. These are fast taper, light, very responsive, a little like loomis but a hell of a lot cheaper and are killing the upper end rods in the USA. They have IM6 up to 12 weights and IM8's up to about 8 weights, all 4 piece. Very nice gear. It's not often you get a rod thatt casts well and is great at getting fish. These sticks are a class act Max

team_mongo
16-04-2002, 03:09 AM
Max

Is there a web site for the temple forks?

Cheers

George

Malcolm_Mead
16-04-2002, 05:00 AM
Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know of a Sydney retailer for Temple Forks flyrods?
Regards,
Mal.