PDA

View Full Version : Rod Building

Matty
03-05-2002, 03:52 PM
I am looking to start making some of my own rods, but have never tried it or seen some one do it before, only seen stuff in magazines. Do anyone know of any good instructional books and how much it would set me back to get started with just the basics. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Matty

Volvo
05-05-2002, 06:26 PM
Matty, Ian/Barra Miller has brought out a good mag on Rod building and its deep enough for you to get started.
Also if you wanna get a little deeper Dale Clemmens has a couple of books out on Rod Building, weaving, butt Wraps and some ideas for basice building tools.
Check out your local Bookstore/Newsagency and see if they cant get em in for you.( just quote the Aurthors and they shouod be able ta find em on their computers/suppliers)
Ive got em all and can recomend em too you.
Cheers
Any probs send me an E-mail or PM.

Matty
06-05-2002, 04:51 PM
Thanks alot Volvo. ;D
That will get me started.
I'll let you now how I'm going later.

Cheers, Matty ;D

DR
07-05-2002, 10:09 AM
Matty,
Try looking at www.leapinbass.com & www.mudhole.com I'm sure you will find some helpful info on these sites
regards
DR.

Matty
08-05-2002, 03:15 PM
Thanks DR
The mudhole website is just what I was looking for. ;D

Cheers, Matty

jezza
12-05-2002, 04:48 PM
How ya going Matty?In Fishing world magazine every month,there is a column titled"Rod Builders' Workshop".I don't build rod's myself(no time,too bl...y lazy!),but it is an excellent info source by Casey van der OOver (hope that's right,apologies if it's not!) or Steve Ross.Maybe,if you write to them,they will personally answer you,or publish their "recipe" for the rod you request / require. All the best.
Until next time...

paniolo
15-05-2002, 06:23 PM
Take a look at the rodbuilding.org and rodguild.com sites. They are the most comprehensive rod building web sites available.

Matty
17-05-2002, 05:05 PM
Thanks a lot boys :D

Cheers, Matty

jesper
14-06-2002, 05:06 PM
Hey
how did you go with your quest with rod building information. im in the same boat i would like to build my own custom rods but havn't had and success in finding good info. what was the best stuff around and what do you recommend!
cheers
jesper

Matty
19-06-2002, 04:24 PM
G'day Jesper,

To be honest with you, I haven't really had much time lately to find much information because of school exams. But most of the sites reconmended above are pretty good and I went down to my local tackle shop, although they didn't know too much about the subject, you might have more luck around your area.

Cheers, Matty