what kind of system to use etc??
Any info would be appreciated
thanks in advance to all :)

Tight lines
Adrian

Heath
15-06-2002, 07:24 PM
G'day Adrian,

I have some info on my webpage that you might find helpfull ;)

fatman
17-06-2002, 05:25 AM
Hi,
I got one of those el cheapo plastic storage boxes from Go-Lo ($13) ,put a 360 gph bilge pump in the corner ($18) and run some 19mm hose up and across the top on the inside, drilled a few 5mm holes in the pipe so the water sprays out across the top of the water. I held the pipe in place with tool clips and hot melt glue.
Whole thing for under $40
cheers]
FATMAN

CHRIS_aka_GWH
17-06-2002, 09:39 AM
adrian,
as non-powered live bait holders go, I got a flambeau brand product from the tackle warehouse thats brilliant for small live baits. Its a wedge shaped holder about 60cm tall with a built in handle at the tapered end & a trap door on the side. When it stands upright (inside the boat motoring between spots) the bottom half holds water. The top half & trap door have vents. The idea is when you get to the fishing spot you put it overboard with a short rope attached to the handle, It then floats horizontally just below the water line with fresh water flushing thru the vents.
I have a 12foot tinny & this product has been excellent for live herring, mullet & slimies, prawns & yabbies. Their survival rate is excellent & its great cause its clears the deck when you are fishing once chucked overboard. Its drawback is its small size (only holds 6-12 decent size herring) & you just have to remember to pull the bloody thing in before motoring.
chris

Jack_Lives_Here
18-06-2002, 08:49 AM
Adrian,
Went through the whole bait tank exercise some months ago. I bought an 85l esky that has 3/4" drian holes at each end. I've plumbed it with a thru hull pump to add water at intervals, and also use a KeepAlive infusor pump. The beauty about it is I can still use it as an esky and take it out when not using it.
Last weekend had around 40 yakkas and slimies in it for around 4 hours. No fatalities - except the ones pinned by the hook and munched by mega grinners. DOH!!

adriancorrea
20-06-2002, 09:18 PM
Thanks there guys 8)
Much appreciated, Ill keep these ideas in mind when I make up my mind and then my next problem will be where to catch live bait lol :) :)
anyway thanks again.
Dave Im really interested in you idea

Tight lines
Adrian

superdave
23-06-2002, 02:53 AM
Hay Partner, When we heading back to our spot. I feel like giving you another lesson on how to catch a decent snapper :P
Moon is good now ;D