PDA

View Full Version : Which waders to buy

fuwee
12-08-2002, 02:52 PM
Hi all new to this I would like to know which brand of waders to by.I have seen a couple of brands one of them is wilsons.

Regards fuwee http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm36.gif

P.S How's that fisho Thanks for the reply

fisho
12-08-2002, 02:55 PM
Welcome! I have Horne waders which I have found to be quite durable.

Hint: be a bit more descriptive with your subject heading - you'll get more 'lookers' ;)

fisho
12-08-2002, 03:11 PM
much better ;D

imported_admin
12-08-2002, 09:23 PM
I bought a pair of waders a few years ago, bib and brace style. Can't find the brand on them, only thing I don't like about them is the sole on the boot, it has a large tread similar to a gumboot, initailly I thought this would be a good feature. The down side of it is that it holds a ton of sand and getting in and out of the 4WD when moving fishing spots dumps a ton on sand on the floor. The Horn appear to have a better sole as they do not hold the sand.

The ting to do when trying on a pair of waders is try them out in the shop with similar gear on that you would be wearing when fishing, thick socks, track pants, shirt, jumper etc. Don't wear shorts when wearing waders, very bad chaf.

Nugget did a story in this months Bush N Beach regarding kitting up to fish the surf, well worth a read.

clutter
13-08-2002, 11:57 AM
I have had a set of Horne "tuffwear" bib and brace style for quite a few years now. Can't fault them, still as good as new. Clutter.

blaze
13-08-2002, 05:49 PM
hi
I had a set I believe were horne, bloody discussed only lasted 20 years of abuse before they perished to much to patch. The ones I looked at recently were made out of wetsuit material, but opted for a pair with good solid gumboats on them as they stand the abuse better (they use them on the oyster farms) only about $100 dont know the brand but

bugman
14-08-2002, 04:59 AM
Fuwee,

I've got a pair of bib and brace el cheapo Force 10. They're a bit more rigid than some of the more expensive brands but I use them for everything.
Had no problems after four years.

Hint: Try not to fold them and if storing them always hang them up. Mine hang alongside my tuxedo in the closet - much to my other halves dismay.

Bugman

fuwee
14-08-2002, 04:55 PM
A big thanks to you all for replying

I will buy horne