PDA

View Full Version : New Bream Spinning Outfit

Flynny
21-08-2002, 04:46 PM
Guy's I am Looking to buy myself a new ultra light outfit for very light soft plasics and hard bodies,bream in mind.Any suggestions?
Flynny

tonyp
21-08-2002, 05:54 PM
Pete I aint no expert but how much money is the first question to ask.?

Mid range up there is Shimano Stella,very popular. I use TiCA Or pro rods in the 6ft 6inc. ,Then Diawa mid and upper range rods. Then top shelf and top dollar are the Loomis, And Bream Busters.
Have just sat through the Breamin 2 video and it is a great show to watch and you can oick up on what all the guys use. It would be an Idea for next video to maybe allow 15 mins at end of the tape for all anglers to show of there 2 favorite set up outfits they have on the deck all the time?

But I do love my TiCA Libra reel ,it is sweet. And have had a fone call from the Tackle show down south that the new TiCA TARUS is a sweet thing also with 15Balls.

Should have come to Sumerset comp and looked at all our outfits when we were re riging our rods.

Hope you are confused now.

webby
21-08-2002, 06:20 PM
Hi Flynny,
I've just purchased a Tica Aries gr3500h on a Shakespears synergy
have 4lb fireline and found it great to work with and i'd class my self as a novice at this form of fishing.
regards

Flynny
21-08-2002, 06:51 PM
Thanks Guys
Couldn't make the Stessl'but see you at the Megabucks no doubt.You're right you've confused the s***t out of me,Skoee reckons the Loomis with the Regal Z is a pretty fair go? What do you reckon.
Pete

bassfanatic5
22-08-2002, 08:49 AM
Hi FLYNNY
Have just bought a Shimano Stella and a Regal Z and i am very happy with it on bream and bass the reel is great, my first non shimano.
I love my loomis rods but i am very happy with the stella for light soft plastics and price was good as well.

aussiebasser
22-08-2002, 12:59 PM
Hi Pete,
My nephew just got a GL2 842 2 pc which is very nice with his Regal Z. You can have a play at the Mega. I use a light SJ6400 GL2 for Bream which is a bit short and a bit light. I'm waiting for my Bream Buster which should be here pretty soon.
For the way you fish mate, could I suggest an empty Coke bottle and a bit of bailing twine. :P

Flynny
22-08-2002, 05:14 PM
Thank You For the vote of confidence,
Dale .
I have been working my way down from using a bucket of blood as berley.
Going to Inghams of a Friday night with a cold carton,to contra a ute load of chicken gut,tipping the said ute load of gut into the passage(pretty exhausting work), takes at least an hour with a sand shovel.
Then,set up the director's chair,drag
the inordinately overweight Evakool
Forward,struggle to get the top off one,have a lash at casting my old man's(RIP) Split cane Rod and Spotted gum Alvey look alike.
Maaaaate I need your help,Dale, you can make a fisherman out of this short fat poppy.
Cheers Flynny