PDA

View Full Version : Tica Reels

Stuart
01-10-2001, 06:20 PM
Just woundering if any one has had problems with the tica reels moving in the fuji reel seat ie side to side. I have herd of some people having the same problem mainly in the smaller reels. Also the neck of the reel bends when under load apart from this they seem to be allright.

Stuart

krazyfisher
23-10-2001, 02:13 PM
I am very interested in the tica reels I would like to know more if anyone knows. In particular sculptor baitcaster it looks good it feels good and at $340 is it good?

Fisherman02
25-01-2002, 04:04 PM
hey guys
i'm using a tica reel at the moment and im having no problem whatsoever! The model is a EY 3000 and costed 30 dollars from Mossops and it is smooth doesn't strain
fantastic
you can contact me through my website
http://www.angerlfire.com/co4/fishingsite

Fisherman02
26-01-2002, 01:36 PM
sorry guys minor mistake there it's actually

http://ww.angelfire.com/co4/fishingsite

uglysteve
28-07-2002, 09:05 AM
have seen a few come back to the local tackle shop, not real sure of the problem. And for the price there are much better reels on the market.

Look at the Pflueger Trion or Solara.

Travis
30-07-2002, 05:08 PM
l can recommened the tica range very hard to beat in the spin reels the quality you get is worth far more than you pay....The Sculpter has been used up north by alot of guys l know and those guys love them and worked them hard on big barra and were impressed and 12 months later they are still impressed with the reel and drag that is still running smooth....

Tica are a good hard working product..

Master_Jig_Builder
31-07-2002, 06:31 AM
While not a part of the spinning range, I have jsut taken delivery of the new 30 wide Tica game reel.

Nice workmanship, smooth double drag system and plenty of two speed variation. The first release model had a fairly quiet clicker and this new one is much louder.

My only comment would be that the external backing plate that goes over the lever drag has a very sharp inside edge.

Bit of a concern for fast moving hands in that region potentially. Will find out in a few weeks when it gets it's first and serious run in the Samoa IGFA tounament.

aquarius
13-08-2002, 03:28 PM
Just bought a new TICA spinning reel to use for casting slugs at the tuna or mackerel in the Bay....gear ratio is 6.3 to 1 and has 7 ball bearings.....plus a second spare spool.
Very happy with the smooth drag and perfectly balanced reel....can highly recommend buying one.
Cheers Brent :)

reelcrazy
31-08-2002, 12:17 AM
I'm in the market for a new saltwater spinning reel.

The Tica Taurus TP6000B has been recommended as a great reel, but other than looking at the specs, I've got no idea whether these reels are worth the money or whether they'll last the distance.

How do they compare to Shimano?

Lucky_Phill
31-08-2002, 03:31 PM
I too, am keen on a Tica, the Sportera. Baitrunner. It's compatable reel is a 4500 Shimano.

It has larger spool capacity, more bearings and second spool.

Although, with the little Shimnao, I hooked onto a 28 Bertram the other day, and I'm sure I turned it's head ! :o ::) ;D

reelcrazy
31-08-2002, 11:10 PM
Lucky_Phill

Thanks for the reply, got a couple of Shimmy baitrunners myself, built like brick xxxxhouses, very happy with these, tell me your opinion, is the Sportera's drag as solid as the Baitrunner?

One thing I've been warned about Tica is that the reel foot on the graphite stem models are prone to breaking.

No that this is the situation with the all metal Taurus, but when you are laying out a decent buck for a reel you need to know.

The Taurus has been compared to the Stella, but I need the opinion of someone experienced.

PS: I can match the Bertram story, my biggest catch was the bimini top of a passing 35 footer on an Alvey power cast of a popper, even the owner was impressed.

Lucky_Phill
01-09-2002, 06:41 AM
Yeah Crazy, anyone can catch a jetty or pontoon, but it takes real class to hook up to a passing Oceanliner.

I am about to pruchase the Tica Sportera through Steve, and I'll definately give it a work out, as I expect my gear to stand up to the punishment.

I put a Shimano TLD15 with 40lb Braid through 4 hours of 8ft White Tip Ocean Shark off Cairns a little while back. #If I hear of anyone knocking a TLD, they either , have never used one, #or have no idea what to do with one. # ??? # # # # ;D # # # # :P

webby
01-09-2002, 03:49 PM
Hi All , Sounds like Tica are the go at the moment, I purchased a Aries gr3500h and attached it to a Shakespear synergy 4-8lb rod and have used it in my new craze of learning to use plastics and it has so far worked really well, I have also just purchased a Sportera and have only used it once in the bay, chasing parrot, first bait runner ive owned and happy so far, but only using it once cannot give any bad reports at present,
regards

davo
06-09-2002, 05:10 PM
I've recently bought 2 Tica's. The Sportera and the the CT100 Caiman baitcaster. The little baitcaster is interesting because it's about the size of a Calcutta 100 but has a rachet. I've only started using it trolling for flathead and having the rachet is wonderful. Both are smooth and the baitcaster casts well.

Nakedwire
11-09-2002, 02:46 PM
G'day. # I'm looking for a decsent thredline reel, and never have heard of TiCA reels......(I live in South Australia)....... # Just wondering what are they like? Esp the Baitfeeder..Sportera ...or the Camry series which would be superb on our Snapper here in Whyalla...and are they actually a good reel for thier price?.
I own 2 Daiwa Jupiter S series, an Abu Garcia Enduer and a couple of overhead reels that do the job, but would like to purchace a classy type threadline. # please repond to nakedwire@hotmail.com

Thanks!