PDA

View Full Version : any good rigs

grey_inflatable
27-05-2003, 02:03 PM
hi any 1 got any good rigs for bream in the shallows and then for deeper say in the bay and is it just a waste of time just heading out into deeper water in and bottom bashingg

thanks all sorry if a bit vague

Volvo
27-05-2003, 03:19 PM
:)Best advice i can give ya mate is as least weight as possible n if you can get away with it no weight whatsoever:). 1/0-2/0 hook, Prawn , chookgut or whatever bait ya gunna use. 4-6lb line unless you a keen sportsman 8). Flick an hope for the best.
If your fishing from the bank most times the Bream are right at your feet so ya might not have ta do as most do and cast os far out as possible when on the bank and as far in as possible when fishin from the boat lol.
In against the mangroves as light as possible once again:).
And out deep?? enough weight ta just get you to the bottom and i like small running sinker up against the hook.
Works for me ;), but others may have experienced otherwise.
Cheers

grey_inflatable
28-05-2003, 03:01 PM
thanks

i always liked the sinker running down to the hook but use light line and been bitten off a few times so starting to use a trace .

buch harder to put the hook under those branches ,
so u like to fish the deep parts in a river like on the bend , it seems my bait is mullet fresh from the fish shop or coles

cheers

Fisherman02
28-05-2003, 03:41 PM
hey mate
bream generally dont bite u off :o :o
could have been tailor or flatties
cheers jack