Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: putting a floor in the shiney tinney

putting a floor in the shiney tinney

the time has come to rip out the old floor and put a new 1 in , iv'e used marine ply on the floor, #and for the console and front area the alpolonic sheeting that is afixxed to buildindings its aluminium , doesnt rust , easy to cut and stronger than ply #. would appreciate any hints or tips on doing a floor as i am not the most mechanical minded person in the world but will keep everyone updated with pics , whether it turns out good or bad .
    Video piracy is stealing?
    I wouldn't steal a car, but if a buddy rang me up and said, "Hey man, just got myself a brand new kick Ass Monaro, you want me to burn you a copy?"
    Well 'shit yeah"

Re: putting a floor in the shiney tinney

pics [img][/img]
    I wouldn't steal a car, but if a buddy rang me up and said, "Hey man, just got myself a brand new kick Ass Monaro, you want me to burn you a copy?"
    Well 'shit yeah"

more pics
    Well 'shit yeah"

why its called the shiney tinney
    Well 'shit yeah"

nice i cant wait 4 more

Darkside, it certainly is a shiney tinney, are you Polish

what's alpolonic sheeting?

alloy sheeting u can rivet to the frame.

ply will be more fiddly fixing to the frames, u don't want S/S screws, maybe counter sunk bolts, with an insert or Duralac in the frame so the metals don't touch.

rgds

alpolonic is the aluminium sideing thats put on the side of a lot of buildings, its waterproof doesnt rust and very strong and lightweight , there are also quite a few different versions of it.More pics of the refit , and yes i'm flying blind
    Well 'shit yeah"

test fit
    Well 'shit yeah"

cut out and in boat
    Well 'shit yeah"

Darkside,mate how on earth did you get Shiney so shiny?
    any particular product or just alot of hard yakka?
    Ive never seen a tinny with such a mirror finish before,
    looks amazing.
    Sorry I cant help with the floor rebuild,looks good so far but.
    adam

do you have any ribs under it to take out the bounce ???. cheers Maxi

maxi , yes its ribbed for my safety, well thats what it said on the packet !actually the original floor had aluminium ribs and ive just used the existing ones and it feels quite sturdy , and it was shined up about 3 years ago and the shine hasnt gone . so i do cop a fair bit of flack at the ramp and the servos about the lustre ,will include the original shined pic just dont laugh at me !!!
    Well 'shit yeah"

dont forget the sunnys, and the sunscreen and the balaclava and the gloves and the.....................wow.....saves on painting i suppose ...........

A nice paradox calling the boat "Darkside" Man is that thing shiny It must be a navigation hazard on a sunny day

Cheers and beers

Scott
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies

its worse at night when your towing it home and you happen to be the unfortunate person sitting behind it.Certainly cuts down on the drag in the water though, and the tailor just seem to chase the boat although i dont know why, may just look like a big slug !
    Well 'shit yeah"