Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

Re: Has anyone inquired/imported a Formula 233?

Gaz the second one is a mobile home dumped on a few bessa blocks. Unfinished. No services.

It does appear that some livable ones around $20K exist but not many. Again, you appear to be underestimating the true cost of something.

720km round trip Andamooka to Whyalla and back. Your old girl drinks 20L/100km or so with the boat on the back? That's $190 on fuel before you've even hit the water.

Build yourself a strip plank epoxy boat Gazza it will be new and 10x stronger that some old glass boat and still have a old boat old trailer and will cost about the same as fixing the old one and importing it and you got an epoxy boat built to the way you want ,pick your budget and work with in that Gazza.

HahaMorp nah the fuel economy on the old V8 ford it friggen amazing on the highway but around town it absolutely smashes the fuel

The old girl does 650kms to 35-40L of LPG and 55 litres of unleaded so the old owner told me

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Build yourself a strip plank epoxy boat Gazza it will be new and 10x stronger that some old glass boat and still have a old boat old trailer and will cost about the same as fixing the old one and importing it and you got an epoxy boat built to the way you want ,pick your budget and work with in that Gazza.
    I was building a plywood boat but long story i cant be bothered telling again and giving that blokes company a plug..

Strip planking u need guidance its a big job to go in blind folded i would love a 26-27 foot strip planking hull but i just dont have the correct area and it would just go moldy

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    Gaz the second one is a mobile home dumped on a few bessa blocks. Unfinished. No services.

It does appear that some livable ones around $20K exist but not many. Again, you appear to be underestimating the true cost of something.
    I reckon if i went to the outskirt towns of adelaide i reckon i would see more a lot more houses for sale in andamooka on pin up boards than whats on google

How in gods name has this thread got to 9 pages.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Everyone has goals/dreams, but I reckon 6 months of blazing heat, flies and bare dirt would drive you completely nuts, might be OK for some, but certainly not me, even if the house was free.

I donno Noel there are some positives, no grass to mow,own the home no one to say your making to much noise, the dogs are barking, or be pissed at u for starting the car at 1-3am to goto the shops, n9 9ne to tell you all your vehicles and trailers on the premisis must have current registration, no odd balls coming in for an inspection twice a year wiping there finger along the bench and saying its dusty your getting evicted

One big problem we have here were our old friends that turned feral before we moved house, after we moved we were being called up and accused of going back to the old house causing fights with the neighbors so the old neighbors made complaints, the truth being we only went back for mail seen no one in the street no arguments nothing at all funny tho the old neighbour knew our new address!

Kind of over govenment housing we paid over $250,000 in rent at our last house we lived in for 10 years andpeople thing govenment housing is rolls royce cheap rent couldnt be furthrr from the truth and that was aboriginal owned govenment house

Thats why im willing to hock up afew sunken flies and deal with dirt between the toes so long as i have access to salt water im happy

Big snappers in south oz too

How in gods name has this thread got to 9 pages.

gazza starts a topic

people offer opinions and help
    gazza ignores all help and advice
    links you tube videos to counter solid quality advice on how to do things properly
    half way through thread he starts off on another tangent
    turns into shit fight
    claims hes being attacked

starts another thread on a completely random topic

day dreaming ramblings are for facebook for your close friends to comment and help with

look at how some of the other builds are done concise details nice photos of the progress and how it was achieved

also i spent 2 months in lightening ridge, takes a special kind of individual to put up with the living conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    also i spent 2 months in lightening ridge, takes a special kind of individual to put up with the living conditions.
    I spent 2 weeks in the Qld border/opal fields on holiday last year and there is no way you could convince me to live in one of those towns. The novelty wears off pretty quick.

Matt

Received one quote USD$4000

THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
    1. Destination port charges, warehouse unloading, delivery
    2. Customs duties and import taxes, clearance at destination
    3. Random Customs inspection (this is rare), fumigation
    4. Special permits, licenses, CTN/FERI/BSC for Africa, etc.
    5. Extended storage & demurrage charges, marine insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Received one quote USD$4000

THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
    1. Destination port charges, warehouse unloading, delivery
    2. Customs duties and import taxes, clearance at destination
    4. Special permits, licenses, CTN/FERI/BSC for Africa, etc.
    5. Extended storage & demurrage charges, marine insurance.

Which is $5130 in AUD, plus 10% GST at $513, plus all other cost, plus GST

plus

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    The bill you cop when this turns out to be total bullsht!

Will a 7.5-8k budget work for those extra costs?or am.i way under estimating things? Last thing i would want is to blow 6k and be 1.5k short and never get the boat and refund wouldnt be possible..

The shipping guys yard is in Gorgeia which is right near Florida where all the boats are located

You need to know the exact costs. It will not help guessing half the cost and the boat gets here and you have to find thousands for unknown/unexpected costs. Don’t guess and you won’t be disappointed

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums