Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Barra in Novemeber IBD Treatment

Re: Barra in Novemeber IBD Treatment

[quote=NAGG;914508]As someone getting ready to do their first ABT barra tour ......... I've gotta say I'm pretty excited !
    The idea of spending 3 weeks on the road fishing 4 venues ...... alongside some of the best barra anglers has got me buzzing ......... & because it is a road trip there no doubt will be that camaraderie (particularly those doing all the events)

so while it may not be everyones cup of tea ....... The barra tour seems like a winner while it is kept in this format

Bring it on Yes it will be an eye opener... thats for sure ..This is my fourth year and because the format is to change next year probably my last...Next year its boater /nonboater ... l would like to see the tour as a teams event

[quote=Awoonga;914704]
    Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    As someone getting ready to do their first ABT barra tour ......... I've gotta say I'm pretty excited !
    The idea of spending 3 weeks on the road fishing 4 venues ...... alongside some of the best barra anglers has got me buzzing ......... & because it is a road trip there no doubt will be that camaraderie (particularly those doing all the events)

so while it may not be everyones cup of tea ....... The barra tour seems like a winner while it is kept in this format

Bring it on Yes it will be an eye opener... thats for sure ..This is my fourth year and because the format is to change next year probably my last...Next year its boater /nonboater ... l would like to see the tour as a teams event
    Yes Trev ...... The boater / non boater format is a step backwards IMHO with regard to the barra tour .......... Under its current guise you can put a team together which allows you to split the costs of doing a tour that will encompass close to 3000km of travel & two weeks away - The idea of towing a boat those distances & having a non boater step on board - & start fishing does not appeal one iota ................... sure this is fine for bream & bass where many tournaments are held within a few hours of major cities - allowing for a good supply of boaters ! ........ how many will drive from Brisbane to Proserpine / Teemburra
    Might have to enter as a non boater
    Makes this years tour a special one

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    To be honest I reckon your on a winner bait do change colour depending on conditions, sex, mating etc so with a colour that changes through light transmitted it may just be the next big colour.....

Who knows a Naggs Stiffey (latex packet) could be hanging on a shelf one day along with a few others.

Nath
    Yes Nath ..... the colour change thing , when excited , breeding or scared etc is a part of the animal / fish world - lets see if it works

Latex packets ...... only if they are tamper proof

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

After a quick scan of this thread it looks like the attendance list is
    arriving on
    Nipsta ............8th
    Tropical Trout..8th
    Nagg ..............7th
    Barraboss.......7th
    Deano.............7th maybe 6th - subject to dragon approval
    Whitto.............7th
    Mikooh............7th
    Darylive ..........are you coming ?
    Callop..............6th
    Capvet.............6th

Anyone else that I've missed ?
    Not to get technical...... but according to Chemistry, ALCOHOL IS A SOLUTION

Quote Originally Posted by Callop View Post
    After a quick scan of this thread it looks like the attendance list is
    arriving on
    Nipsta ............8th
    Tropical Trout..8th
    Nagg ..............7th
    Barraboss.......7th
    Deano.............7th maybe 6th - subject to dragon approval
    Whitto.............7th
    Mikooh............7th
    Darylive ..........are you coming ?
    Callop..............6th
    Capvet.............6th

Anyone else that I've missed ?
    looks good dave, dragon is happy to be rid of me for the weekend, i was refering to work and the boss said,,,yea whatever ..so just waiting to see if the fred.( who you can ad to the list ) can get the day off.....can feel a bit of de-ja-vu happening here... deano..

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    looks good dave, dragon is happy to be rid of me for the weekend, i was refering to work and the boss said,,,yea whatever ..so just waiting to see if the fred.( who you can ad to the list ) can get the day off.....can feel a bit of de-ja-vu happening here... deano..
    Hey Deano ....... Its a bit like de-ja-vu hey

any excuse for a get together

Thanks Dave for doing the list

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Great to see my name there so I can catch up with a few of you guys and girls.

No drinking for me though, I am in comp mode

Also would not want to show the southerners how to really drink (haha)

Cheers
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Barraboss View Post

Cheers
    Matt
    Sounds like we might have to hold your nose and introduce you to some of Darylive's port engine rocket fuel and bundy concoction assuming he will grace us with his presence

Quote Originally Posted by Barraboss View Post

Cheers
    Matt
    Be careful Matt ..... some of these guys are well versed in the all night IBD fireside chat .......... I can vouch for that

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hey Deano ....... Its a bit like de-ja-vu hey

any excuse for a get together

Thanks Dave for doing the list

Chris
    If Les and SteveB turn up we could be in trouble. Although the sun will be getting up earlier than it did at the muster so we will get more sleep.

If Les and SteveB turn up we could be in trouble. Although the sun will be getting up earlier than it did at the muster so we will get more sleep.
    sleep ?? whats that..??? with the sun getting up earlier means the fire will finish earlier...... .could be a good thing..

Speaking of Les ...... Has anyone heard from him ??? ....... hopefully he turns up!

Steve will need to shackled

It has the makings of another fine weekend

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    sleep ?? whats that..??? with the sun getting up earlier means the fire will finish earlier...... .could be a good thing..
    Or will it ....... pan thrown on the fire ( bacon & eggs) - off fishin
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Speaking of Les ...... Has anyone heard from him ??? ....... hopefully he turns up!

Steve will need to shackled

It has the makings of another fine weekend

Chris

hey chris, does matt actually know what he is in for..????surely he will have a drink, after the southerners remark ,,mabe his fishing atire consists of a well ironed SKIRT..??????pleats and all..

Or will it ....... pan thrown on the fire ( bacon & eggs) - off fishin
    great plan, long walk from the fire to the kitchen this time me thinks.....