Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

CanDo's track record.
    Tunnel no-one uses and bikes throughout the city standing in racks.

I wonder if he'll build a State rail network that no-one will use??
    Oh hangon. It works the other way. We need a better State rail network so there's no way in hell we'll get it I suppose.

Do you fella's in the big smoke need better public transport??
    Maybe a bike rack in Enoggera or The Gap??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Yes, I would also expect an answer on or by 19th February. ( this is the day the current Government gets disolved by the Governor of Queensland. ) Which will put all contenders into election mode.

I think the LNP know how much the fishing vote is worth and maybe, they are trying to get it right... dunno.

Whatever the reason, I am sure you would rather have a Marine Biologist as Fisheries Minister
    LP
    No Phil, I want some one who'll look after rec anglers, I don't give a flying if they were a lawyer, doctor, uni student (like Wyatt Roy) or even a sign writer before they enter politics, it's what they do when they get in that counts. Some of the worst businessmen I know have draws full of business degrees.

So Phil, are you gunna be happy with a policy that will "assess" & "review" the current green zones? Or like me, are you wanting details of reductions and removal of some zones in the LNP policy?

And are you expecting to see rec anglers being able to use 1 rod in green zones Phil? It was certainly in the leaked policy 2 months ago, but I'm starting to worry now. If it's missing from the final policy that will mean Campbell is listing more to the conservationists who kicked up a stink we the leak came out, than he is to the rec anglers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    No Phil, I want some one who'll look after rec anglers
    I want someone who is unbiased who'll look at what's best for all concerned and do it.
    I'm tired of pandering to minorities no matter who the group is.
    Would anyone want a ruling party who just gave recreational fisherperson's everything they wanted (ie no green zones or bag limits or size limits as a wild case senario) just so they could get our vote if they found out our vote was bigger then the Green vote??
    I wouldn't. I want what is best for the State of Queensland.

The key word there was unbiased. What are the chances of that happening?

Thumbs down Re: LNP Fishing policy

Would anyone want a ruling party who just gave recreational fisherperson's everything they wanted (ie no green zones or bag limits or size limits as a wild case senario) just so they could get our vote
    I am "for" less Green Zones and/or greater RecFisho access to them.

no bag/size limits ??? .............
    Finga , you're the "ONLY" RecFisho person I'm aware of , ever suggesting that was "wanted"

C'Mon Mark , how about a bit of input ? I realise that with the election date being announced you may be busy , however you seemed to be able to afford the time to post before .I would also like to hear from Brandt . What about it gentlemen ?, time for a bit of straight talking instead of spin ?
    Shawn

[B]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser;1348252

So Phil, are you gunna be happy with a policy that will "assess" & "review" the current green zones? Or like me, are you wanting details of reductions and removal of some zones in the LNP policy?[/B

Unlike most here, I am prepared to wait for the policy.... it'll take me 5 minutes to read it, 5 minutes to digest it... then what do I do for the remaining weeks until the election. ? I can't debate something I know nothing about.

All I know is, there has been one politician in SEQ region that has stuck his head on the chopping block ( here ) and taken all the bombs thrown, still standing by what he's said. I am sure he'd love to tell you the policy.......... but is he gagged until the appropriate time decided by the LNP leader ?

I also know that many ALP pollies have been invited to participate on this site.......... the silence of the replies was deafening. Probably goes to show a strength of character or at least , an interest in our industry.

I also still maintain that some sort of involvment in recreational fishing is a must to be able to represent rec anglers in a Ministery.

Seriously.............. a lawyer ? Doctor ? Uni Strudent ?.......... or a Marine Biologist ( that fishes regularly ) ? Maybe I am short sighted, but it seems a no brainer to me.

The question then is......... of the LNP canditates, who is your choice of Fisheries Minsiter... Mike ? and the reasons would be nice...

Cheers LP

I can live with no fishing in Green Zones, provided they are placed in the right areas, monitored and reviewed.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I am "for" less Green Zones and/or greater RecFisho access to them.

no bag/size limits ??? .............
    Finga , you're the "ONLY" RecFisho person I'm aware of , ever suggesting that was "wanted"
    And what are the 5 words written after that?

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    I can't believe you took the bait ?............ bazinger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has it stopped raining yet ?

LP

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I can't believe you took the bait ?............ bazinger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has it stopped raining yet ?

LP
    I keep telling everyone I'm a simple bugger.
    And hasn't started to rain yet. I'm thinking about firing the mighty Greenfield up and do the lawn.

I keep telling everyone I'm a simple bugger.
    And hasn't started to rain yet. I'm thinking about firing the mighty Greenfield up and do the lawn.
    Does the almighty Greenfield need to be fed and watered? or does it run on gas......

Lightbulb Re: LNP Fishing policy

and the seven words after your 5 words

just so they could get our vote
    I don't agree with that , as a rec-vote-winner "scenario" at all

[so will tick dislikes for you.]

how about a professional student and teacher for Fisheries Minister?

Would that be 2 people or 1 person with 2 jobs ?

I agree that it would take 2 ALP people to manage Fisheries... well........ almost manage it.

Jesus was a teacher ( second job ) and he fed the people with Loaves and Fishes...... so by that rational, a teacher could in fact be responsible for fisheries, providing they had the same or similar qualifications as Jesus......... crap.... Anna believes she can walk on water... What was I thinking NNNOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!

LP

come on Phill..we are talking about the same person. What if LNP does win Newman changes the protfolios. Never count on what a shadow minister is doing will necessarily be their position if they win Govt.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    What if LNP does win Newman changes the protfolios. Never count on what a shadow minister is doing will necessarily be their position if they win Govt.
    You stated " if " twice............

Surley they can't lose the un-losable election twice ??

The bookies still have the LNP at $1.11.

That is way better than bank interest and will be one of the best investments I ever made.

LP