Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: fishnet forum?

Re: fishnet forum?

I won't say much about fishnet except to say some very sad and bad things happened there at one stage.

What the forum style has that fb can't do because of the format is the archives. You only have to do an advanced search to gather vast knowledge on any boating subject for instance. People get quickly sick of answering the same question over and over again on fb. How do I repair a scratch in my gelcoat....?

Quote Originally Posted by John Buoy View Post
    I believe there is a bit more to BM story which i wont go on
    Oh yes! There was a whole lot more that one could write a book about!!!

I think if Fishnet was run like Ausfish or MrFisho it would still be alive today (ie: proactive management/ownership and strict no d#$khead policy). Also I agree that Facebook has taken a lot of people from the forums but I think in time they will return as the FB versions are quite restrictive and not as community based as the forum sites.

guys..lets this thread die...ausfish is not a forum for where that site failed...leave it behind..breathe the free air

Quote Originally Posted by inveratta View Post
    guys..lets this thread die...ausfish is not a forum for where that site failed...leave it behind..breathe the free air

Why? This is a forum where all things fishing plus more can be discussed, debated and talked about by a group of like minded people.

Gazza was a flea in the ear quite a bit no doubt about it. He was also a poorly connected flea.

I think most people with half a brain in there nogg'n knew most of what Gazz had too say was tongue in cheek , whilst other got there jollies and much needed attention from being outright nasty and personal

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    I won't say much about fishnet except to say some very sad and bad things happened there at one stage.

What the forum style has that fb can't do because of the format is the archives. You only have to do an advanced search to gather vast knowledge on any boating subject for instance. People get quickly sick of answering the same question over and over again on fb. How do I repair a scratch in my gelcoat....?

Been meaning to ask you, how do you repair a scratch in gelcoat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gon Fishun View Post
    Been meaning to ask you, how do you repair a scratch in gelcoat.
    Yeah - this bloke needs to know
    Just a Scratch.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Yeah - this bloke needs to know
    Just a Scratch.jpg

That's a big whoops.

Looks like Sydney Angler has fallen into the same black hole....it's gooone too!

I think Fishing Monthly may also be disappearing, just logged on and only 2 new post showing, most of the posts are really old now.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Looks like Sydney Angler has fallen into the same black hole....it's gooone too!
    I believe they had similar issues last year with not renewing their server contract on time (or similar) and it was resolved in a couple of days. I assumed it was the same issue this time, but it's been down for at least a week now, maybe it's not coming back.

Steeler, I have been on the receiving end of such tripe before and I can tell you from experience, It becomes bullying. Its a never ending power game. Some people get their jollies this way and some people can laugh. But for the recipients, its no joke. Sure we all start saying to ourselves, I can take it, It will wear off etc, but it doesn't. I also learned the hard way, you can't play an expert at his own game.
    I mentioned it was getting into bullying territory and I got the flick. No site needs people like that.

We are here to learn and meet great people with the occasional gag going down great.

Lets keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Sydney Angler is back up .

Stats

Thumbs up Re: fishnet forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy56 View Post
    Steeler, I have been on the receiving end of such tripe before and I can tell you from experience, It becomes bullying. Its a never ending power game. Some people get their jollies this way and some people can laugh. But for the recipients, its no joke. Sure we all start saying to ourselves, I can take it, It will wear off etc, but it doesn't. I also learned the hard way, you can't play an expert at his own game.
    I mentioned it was getting into bullying territory and I got the flick. No site needs people like that.

We are here to learn and meet great people with the occasional gag going down great.

Lets keep it that way.
    Equally detrimental were those who acted like princesses and never once realised many of the old timers on the forum knew each other or had met at torunaments etc. Many were/are mates and enjoyed the fun. Some just assume they sign up to a fishing/boating forum and should only be exposed to what they want, such as factual information from experienced boaties...and have no understanding nor desire to join a community or tolerate the banter.

Fisho;s tend to talk a lot of shit. It can be a release from the daily drudgery or escape from homelife responsibilities for a short time....and when you get 10 minutes who the hell wants to waste it.

The very notion of any adult being bullied on a simple fishing forum is somewhat pathetic. We are anonymous unless we CHOOSE not to be. If someone does not like you or vice versa you can IGNORE them quite easily. If you are tired f seeing some sort of catfight you can put them all on ignore. If that rules out most members there is no one telling you that you simply must log in to that forum.

You don't like it...go somewhere else.
    It isn't difficult to do.
    If you want to stay because part of it is good...IGNORE the rest of it you don't like.

Just like in real life, it our choice as to where we go, who we see, and what we say on the net. With the myriad of options open to everyone with multiple net forums, as well as the ability to simply avoid, disregard, ignore etc added to the innate knowledge that you are anonymous, it is difficult to even comprehend how or why any grown up could feel somehow "bullied".

If anyone wants some form of clinical information source they can read a book. Forums have multitudes of personailities that come together. Some clashes of personality occur but to this day I have never met anyone who has had a gun held to their head saying you MUST visit an internet site.

If you don't like an atmosphere, or the people in a forum...DONT VISIT IT.

Some good fisho';s and knowledgeable folk on the Fishnet forum...as there are here. If you see a spat it is only words. It is all of our choice whether we even care about other peoples words.
    My feeling is that if anyone in here has reached 21years old and cannot cope with mere words, whilst being anonymous, and having the ability to ignore....then maybe the problem lies with them and they are so fascinated they cant help but watch...and of course WHINGE.

I will miss the snapper rack banter and discussions. Some funny stuff between guys who you could sense knew each other and just liked throwing pebbles around to relax...yet the odd new member would take everything seriously of course. Point being...its only an internet forum and when there is no need to take things seriously...DONT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think you made your point in the first two paragraphs.