Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unprepared clowns

Unprepared clowns

Just a rant to get it off my chest. Went to Fraser for 6 days over Easter, and every time i went for a drive had to get all my rescue gear out to pull some clown out who didnt own a single piece of gear. No shovel, no shackles, no snatch straps, nothing. Now i am hardly a avid 4wd'er, just happen to own a 4wd so i can go to these sort of places, but first thing i do before i go is make sure i have enough gear in the car so if i get stuck, I can either a. try to extract myself, or b. have the gear there for someone else to yank me out. Pulled one clown out of a tiny bog, he didnt even know if he was in 4wd because he could only see his rear wheels spinning.....no gear as well. While pulling him out, clown #2 proceeds to jam right up his arse as i am snatching clown #1, gets bogged in exactly the same spot. No gear either. Gets shitty when i inform him of his stupidity, and refuses to stop spinning all 4 wheels, which served to bog him to the axles and make a bigger hole for the rest of us to get around. Even though it sounds childish, a thanks for diggng all my gear out and letting them use it would have been good, but not once did it come. And dont get me started on the folk who refuse to pull off any tracks because where they come from they think they run the show. Feel marginally better now, thanks for listening..

Re: Unprepared clowns

Thats school holidays for yah...Some people been posting on here about staying off the water, hell, I pretty much just stay at home during holiday times, hate even going to the shops....
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Quote Originally Posted by goat boy View Post
    Thats school holidays for yah...Some people been posting on here about staying off the water, hell, I pretty much just stay at home during holiday times, hate even going to the shops....
    +1, people are idiots and school holidays are when they come out to play

Classic! I'm a school teacher. The only time I get to go out is holiday time. Look at the bright side- plenty of stories to tell!!!

I hope you left driver #2 there cause thats the only way they will learn
    92 MU, 91 MU ute, 90 MU,96 MU Wizard, 2014 MUX, 2019 DMAX
    Australia's loudest MU
    MY SITE MY YouTube SPL 152.3dB
    If beef is in beef mince, What is in pet mince?

Yep school teacher here too. Certainly is frustrating the school hols but that is the only time we can get out to play. I would have seriously thought about leaving the 2nd car bogged.

I always just drive around them these days. Someone else will get them out. Although I once had to drag 4 cars out in nothing short of a comedy sketch. Car 1 - bogged. Car 2 with bit of chained tried to rescue him - bogged. Car 3 with snatch from infront - bogged. Car 4 from behind with snatch - bogged. What a bloody mess. I was on solid ground because so far away and was able to get the lot out in 1 go. But the funny part was. It wasnt the way they wanted to go. So back to sqaure 1 and I didnt stick around . I think the conversation went a bit like. Here let me show you wich track to take and speed etc. And then I just didnt stop and fanged it along the beach.

recovery gear aside, some i've seen haven't even bothered to let down their tyres!!!!!!

proper recovery points help too, Eug . . saw a bogged Prado in the sand, I asked them if they let their air down . . . " are down ??? why? " I saw no recovery points, he said " you cana just a use a tow ball to hookit up ?, Ha ha ! No ! thats a big No No ! ! instead I helped him with a shovel, they gave us a cake the next day, they did appreciate the help .

whaddya mean..let the tyres down? And what recovery gear?

I am just about to get a permit for the Bribie beach..this could be fun..LOL

A snatch strap! Sir, insult my wife again and there will be trouble.

I normally drive past slowly and see if it was stupidity or just plain terrain that got them, that will determine if I will get sand on my snatch strap. And if u are over Fraser bring a video cam, it make funny boys night tv.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Im guilty of this as well, about 2 weeks ago I drove into a bush track that I regularly drive on but we had a metre of rain the previous week, thought I knew the depth but got it wrong.

Most people know the feeling, oh, sh*&^t, go back or go forward, its not far forward, just a little deep, real boggy behind for 50 metres, try both ways until you get it really stuck, as we do.

Now someone must have really got bogged a few days previous because as I was playing the back and forth thing, slipped into someones previous deep wheel ruts.

Oh sh*&^t, the water level is now just level with the bottom of the dash, drowned it good.

Walked a few hundred metres to a friend who has a tractor to get pulled backwards out.

Embarasing as that was, and after I drove a few hundred metres to the boat ramp to get some angle to drain the water ou the doors found that the hubs werent in. The utes a 2.8 TD rodeo with big wheels, gets used by lots of people and someone set the hubs to free, I usually leave them in.

How unprepared is that?

You use your gear, it breaks or damaged, who helps you then
    Learnt many years ago, no recovery gear, no help, drive round and on, their problem.
    Typical for this society, someone else will buy the gear and save them
    Cheers

Agree,

old bush saying "buy nice electric winch for you 4x4 means you rescue everybody else, not you' True