Thread: Order away.... Have i done the right thing

Order away.... Have i done the right thing

Guys as some would know I put my order in for my new boat ( stacer seahorse ) not long ago.
    And last Saturday I took my boat in to be traded so I’m now boat less L

I have tossed and turned most nights trying to decide on what size boat and motor combination to use.
    I herd plenty of good things about the Honda 50 and was set to go with that on a 449 or a 469.

But early this week I measured up the garage and I have more space then I first thought. So I decided to go a little bigger in the hope of the boat being more comfortable with 2 people fishing.

So I’m now definitely going with a Seahorse 489 with flat floor throughout, wide gunwales, 60l in floor tank, front and rear rails and a rear step. It will also have a side console fitted.

I was a bit unsure if the Honda 50 would now push this 16ft boat and wanted to go for a 60hp motor.
    Dam Dam MR Honda for not making a 60hp motor. I was very disappointed with this.
    So instead im going for the Mercury 4 stroke EFI 60hp.

I’m finally sleeping better and am now counting down the days ( as it seems most others do ) whilst I wait out the 6 weeks for It to arrive.

Just a few more questions to help time pass; J

What has been the turn around time for most peoples boats ordered form telwater during the winter months, I was told 6 weeks but would love it to be 4 weeks rather then 8. any experiences please share

What are your thoughts of this sort of a rig? For estuary and close in fishing.

Do you guys think this will be a nice entry level set-up?

Also does anyone know free board height of the seahorse 489?

Any comments please fire away.

Thanks again in advance

Cheers Pete

Re: Order away.... Have i done the right thing

mate have a look at the suzuki 4 strokes, i know that i wont look at to much else after owning one cheers ian

Hey mj,
    For your purposes, that boat will be brilliant. I had a 440 and it was good. The 489 should be huge. Wide gunnels and underfloor tank are top ideas too. Does it come with level and upright floatation? If not it would be well worth a bit extra money if you can buy it as an option. The 4 stk Merc should be a good match. I would avoid a Zuke at all costs after my personal experience. When you get the urge, bring it to NQ and fish Hinchinbrook, the Palm Islands and the reef. You will love that boat!!!!!
    Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by bushbeachboy View Post
    Hey mj,
    . Does it come with level and upright floatation? Cheers mate
    That im not to sure of the specs say it comes with level flotation which should allow it to be swampted and remain afloat to be bailed.( under some conditions )

hope thats the case as im starting to get sick of creative marketing

Cheers Pete

mate sounds awesome, the honda 50 would have pushed it fine, but never the less, you have an awe some package. i love my seahorse, its fantastic!

cheers

lippa

Good on you,mj.

I think you did the right thing in going a bit bigger.It gives you a bit more flexibility and safety for that inshore fishing,plus the extra room.
    It should be a great first boat and should get along real nicely with a 60 on the back.
    Happy boating!!

Scott

pete
    i got the 489 sports runabout.
    great boat. i got 75 merc on the back. cruise at 25knots, comfortably.
    very stable. enjoy

cheers
    greg

Yeah Pete sound's like a good rig just be patient.It once took telewater 14 week's to deliver a boat to a good mate of mine and i just spent 8 week's waiting for a boat that never got here then i was told to wait about another 7 week's so i changed my mind on that boat and bought a differnt one in stock.I hope your new toy get's there soon,remember be patient very patient Cheer's Dan.............

mj , good to hear you have sorted the deal , now it's just a case of enjoy..
    Sounds like a good compromise has been made ....
    Ta