Thread: Yak Overnighter

Yak Overnighter

First overnight fishing trip - Headed out for spot x (found on google maps) for an overnighter session in the yaks along the brissie river

Got there around 12pm midday, on the water about 12:30 with all supplies packed on the yak.

Very very slow afternoon working just about every snag along the banks for nothing!

The guys at the local bottlo reccomended that we troll hardboddies and use bait (we laughed when they mentioned bait) and took no notice.

Around 3-4pm with not one bass caught, i thought id have a go trolling and then straight away, BANG, on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11042012065.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	78826

As soon as I was on, all my mates ditched the snags and started trolling.

At about 5pm we had about 20 bass caught between us all (all small), with 1 or 2 catties.

Its almost sundown at this point so we setup camp.

Started a little fire, cooked up some sausages and had a few beers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10042012060.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	78827

Up again at 6:30 for another day of trolling. Plenty of small sized bass caught, Biggest one at 39?

Great trip, definitely will be going back, maybe with warmer clothing next time, it was bloody cold!

Cheers,
    Jack

Re: Yak Overnighter

Nice report Jack. Nothin better than havin a fish up the creek and pullin up for a fire and beers.
    Deano

Good stuff Jack - some good results for the time you put in.

I was gonna say it must have been freezing out. Good size bass boyz and 39cm is a solid fish. Must be dirty water were your getting em beingthe river and getting that many. They pull hard for there size to eh. Well done PS howd yah go with yah knots all sorted hah. Cheers DD.....

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    Nice report Jack. Nothin better than havin a fish up the creek and pullin up for a fire and beers.
    Deano
    Yeh mate, the spot was in a perfect position aswell. Great way to spend mid-weekdays

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy247 View Post
    Good stuff Jack - some good results for the time you put in.
    Yeh mate, was worried the first few hours with not a single touch!
    We will need to get you back in the fresh water for a try, see if we can break that curse

Quote Originally Posted by ddobson View Post
    I was gonna say it must have been freezing out. Good size bass boyz and 39cm is a solid fish. Must be dirty water were your getting em beingthe river and getting that many. They pull hard for there size to eh. Well done PS howd yah go with yah knots all sorted hah. Cheers DD.....
    Mate the 39 was pretty solid, I was surprised we got so many trolling, most of the takes were in the middle of the channel. My knots were all good today no lost lures

No photos of area Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowjack View Post
    Yeh mate, the spot was in a perfect position aswell. Great way to spend mid-weekdays

Yeh mate, was worried the first few hours with not a single touch!
    We will need to get you back in the fresh water for a try, see if we can break that curse

Mate the 39 was pretty solid, I was surprised we got so many trolling, most of the takes were in the middle of the channel. My knots were all good today no lost lures

Quote Originally Posted by Dicktracey View Post
    No photos of area Jack

I got plenty of other photos of me holding fish but theres scenery in the background.

I have cottoned on to you pirates

So you were trolling plastics and lures not bait I assume? Sounds like a great session once you got onto them!

Quote Originally Posted by Chas & Clarry View Post
    So you were trolling plastics and lures not bait I assume? Sounds like a great session once you got onto them!
    Trolling hard bodies (not plastics) , i was using little divers in a purple colour

I wouldnt be caught dead using bait mate!

I have cottoned on to you pirates
    hahahah

when i first read the heading i thought, i hope you dont roll over in your sleep.....

way to go jack. sounds like a great outing except the cold bit.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    way to go jack. sounds like a great outing except the cold bit.
    Mossy has half a carton of HTFU cans left Jack,take some of them with you next trip
    Bet if you come across a Cougar using bait you'll jump onboard young fella

Happy to share this spot with any Ausfish Kayakers now that I have sold me yak.

Cheers,
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowjack View Post
    Happy to share this spot with any Ausfish Kayakers now that I have sold me yak.

Cheers,
    Jack
    You what?????????????? I hope that is because you have upgraded!

Tim

Sounds like a nice trip.
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================