Thread: I need some advice

I need some advice

Well Murphies law strikes again. I have had my boat on the market and had a perspective buyer come over and check it out yesterday arvo. I have had this boat since new in o6 and she has never missed a beat. I was going to turn her over before the buyer turned up but thought against it as I thought it be best to do a cold start when he arrives to show that there is no issues and how easy she is to start. She hadn't been started for a few weeks but this has never been an issue. I went to turn her over and she did not fire on the first turn of the key which was strange, gave her another go and no good. Pumped the bulb a few more times and tried gain and bang we are away.....sort of. No water coming out of tell tale.....removed hose and she is blocked. Cleared hose, put back on and started motor again, this time brown coloured water came out then cleared up and all was good. Turned her off and started talking money. He wants me to start her again which i did and yet again, no water coming out of tell tale at all even though hose was cleared. pushed some fine wire into the nipple of the motor to try and clear but no joy!!!!!
    What are peoples thoughts.......I am hoping that its just a buggered impellor. Its a 30 merc lightweight, 2 stroke, 06 model. Do they have water pumps or just impellors........If it is just the impellor, which I think so as it has not been replaced for some time, is it easy enough for me to take on myself and replace and any idea on costs of impellors. Sorry for all the questions but this really gave me the sh$%s. I think some thing is telling me to just keep the boat..........but wanting to fix her up myself and keep costs down. Looking for some help and advice on trouble shooting and fixing the problem.
    Please help.....
    JN

Re: I need some advice

Should be just an impeller and a couple of seals as long as it didn't get to hot and damaged the housing.

No mate, def didn't get hot, shut her down as soon as i new what was going on. Are they hard to replace.
    JN

Most are fairly simple youtube and google cover most models