Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Gaint Cod in the News??

Re: Gaint Cod in the News??

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    I have been told that it was identified as a Qld Groper and a fine of $400. if it doesn't go to court.

$400 you have to be kidding!!!
    YERP I saw it on the news Absolute Joke... A speeding Fine would Accumulate more then that.....
    "True Blue"

[quote=Scott nthQld;1083331]Umm Ok you've lost me here, since when did people DEFEND the bloke, by the time I had read the thread, the photo had been removed and post edited, others might have seen the post in its original form, but I didn't so I held my tongue. I don't catch jew up here anyway and wouldn't know what the legal size was. Nowhere in the text I read did it say that he kept the fish, just that he caught one at such and such a size. I did not read anyone defending him either. Best you check a few things througoughly before you make an attempot at insulting someone.

Before, anyone jumps on the bandwagon calling me a hypocrite for what I've just said]

An amazing small outlook, how was i attempting to insult anyone - i'm sitting on the fence trying to point out that this guy get's belted for doing the wrong thing (as he should) and your making excuses (and therefore defending) the other guy.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...

So much for thoughtful debate.
    Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

And before I get panned left right and centre, for my last post, here is a quote from a Gold Member on the other report:

Re: Caboolture River 6/10/09
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by robersl
    Nice flattie
    and there is nothing there to say he did not release the jew the edit say jpeg added not taken off people make mistakes and if he did this time i am sure he now knows ,well done on the quick session

shane

The picture of the jewie was in his kitchen with the flatty... That said, sometimes it takes a while for people to learn of new rules. Yes, they should check before they head out, but sometimes these things just happen.... He now knows, so shouldn't accidentally take home an undersized jewie in the future

Matt.

There should be a public outcry over this penalty. Can the DPI or fisheries be lobbied to appeal? 2 x $400 fine sends a very bad message...ie don't worry about rules and regs, you'll only get a slap on the wrist for even the most serious and obvious breaches.
    What a joke.
    Can a mod send a link to this thread to the relevant officers by way of a gauge of public sentiment?

Crowog, why didnt you say you thought it was a bar cod 12 pages ago? Let me guess, you had NO IDEA & spent all the time looking for a fish that wasnt protected or didnt have a size limit to try and clean up the situation?

As for the fine, what a joke. Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by Birdhouse01 View Post

An amazing small outlook, how was i attempting to insult anyone - i'm sitting on the fence trying to point out that this guy get's belted for doing the wrong thing (as he should) and your making excuses (and therefore defending) the other guy.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...

So much for thoughtful debate.
    Thoughtful debate aside, your comment IS insulting, suggesting we would oust one bloke for doing something illegal, but being all hush, hush about it when it is one of or own. We don't work for the Govt.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdhouse01 View Post
    And before I get panned left right and centre, for my last post, here is a quote from a Gold Member on the other report:

Re: Caboolture River 6/10/09
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by robersl
    Nice flattie
    and there is nothing there to say he did not release the jew the edit say jpeg added not taken off people make mistakes and if he did this time i am sure he now knows ,well done on the quick session

shane

The picture of the jewie was in his kitchen with the flatty... That said, sometimes it takes a while for people to learn of new rules. Yes, they should check before they head out, but sometimes these things just happen.... He now knows, so shouldn't accidentally take home an undersized jewie in the future

Matt.
    Like I said, I didn't see the photo or post in its original form, so whgat robersl has posted here I think is appropriate, he is neither defending, nor accusing the original poster of any wrong doing.

What you have said below is simple your account of what was originally there, NOT proof, I won't publicly oust someone for something I have no proof of, in the case of the groper, there is an article, with photo, plus his mate who has posted and declared a photo of the fish in question.

PS Thoughtful debate only occurs when both parties are thinking, next time pay a bit more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott nthQld View Post
    Thoughtful debate aside, your comment IS insulting, suggesting we would oust one bloke for doing something illegal, but being all hush, hush about it when it is one of or own. We don't work for the Govt.

Like I said, I didn't see the photo or post in its original form, so whgat robersl has posted here I think is appropriate, he is neither defending, nor accusing the original poster of any wrong doing.

What you have said below is simple your account of what was originally there, NOT proof, I won't publicly oust someone for something I have no proof of, in the case of the groper, there is an article, with photo, plus his mate who has posted and declared a photo of the fish in question.

PS Thoughtful debate only occurs when both parties are thinking, next time pay a bit more attention.
    Scott - my intention is not to make you angry or start a fight.

The comment below robersl, is not mine, but from Chamelion, an Ausfish Gold member. Perhaps you need to read the actual posts in that thread?

The 2 posts shows everyone makes mistakes, but some of the holier than thou replies by people in this thread is going too far - in my view.

And that is the beauty of a democracy - we can all have a different view, without blood needing to be shed.

Happy fishing

Birdhouse

Quote Originally Posted by crowog View Post
    As we have pointed out before check the rules before you make a silly statement
    http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/cps/rde/dp...2_ENA_HTML.htm

I would also like to know where people have read how deep the fish was caught?? And no-one will ever really know the exact coordinates and the depth of where it was caught!!

Who gives away EXACT info on REAL good fishing spots
    I would like to know at what point in human history a question was considered a statement. Once you've re-read my post I'll expect an apology.

At the post above.. Well, if the bloke who posted the jewie had have contacted the media in a bid to glorify himself over an illegally kept fish I'd have had no compassion for him either.

Matt.

is this still going??????

my new cod/groper boat's ready, no probs
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Hey chop wanna race
    FISHING FISHING AND MORE FISHING. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO?

Choppa,

Mate, that's the best one I've seen for awhile, just like those magnifescent men in their jaunty jelopies "Around the World in 80 days" with Philius Fog.

Peter

I think the fine was $400 for him and $400 for his wife. so $800.00 for the boat..

So what about the fisheries inspectors that couldnt identify the fish? or did they choose to defer to "scientific data" so they cant be held accountable for their decision..

I think I mentioned education earlier in this thread..

Regards
    Honda..

If you were just a low paid foot soldier in a very public case, would you put your head on the block or leave it to the high paid scientific guys to do the Id? Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    I think the fine was $400 for him and $400 for his wife. so $800.00 for the boat..

So what about the fisheries inspectors that couldnt identify the fish? or did they choose to defer to "scientific data" so they cant be held accountable for their decision..

I think I mentioned education earlier in this thread..

Regards
    Honda..

arent they paid to be the front line?

Regards
    HOnda.