Thread: Double Island Cairns

Double Island Cairns

G'day just wondering if anyone's had any joy on plastics around Double island and any suggestions for what to use etc?

Re: Double Island Cairns

Quote Originally Posted by omulloway View Post
    G'day just wondering if anyone's had any joy on plastics around Double island and any suggestions for what to use etc?
    Ordering my boat this weekend so will be doing this myself, very interested in what you find out here omulloway ...
    Last edited by Synful; 12-09-2007 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Spelling ocrrections :-)
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============
    W: www.agt.id.au
    M: 0410 834 486

Well .... a mate and I went our last nite and fished round the Haycock side and I can say that cod and sweetlip eat SP's, all small in size though. Heaps of fun, just a straight up and down technique like jigging, nuetral colour shad/minnow worked best. Will get some photos posted soon

Cheers
    Omulloway

Quote Originally Posted by omulloway View Post
    Well .... a mate and I went our last nite and fished round the Haycock side and I can say that cod and sweetlip eat SP's, all small in size though. Heaps of fun, just a straight up and down technique like jigging, nuetral colour shad/minnow worked best. Will get some photos posted soon

Cheers
    Omulloway
    Hey, better than going out there an getting nothing
    Look forward to the photos as soon as you an get 'em up there, thanks for the jigging techniques - much appreciated!
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============
    W: www.agt.id.au
    M: 0410 834 486

going out on a lim here but I reckon get sum nucular chickens lol!! they fish pretty good sum1 told but don't tell every one!! LOL
    Last edited by husserhunter; 14-09-2007 at 08:05 AM.

I ran out of bait out on the swains very briefly so I thru over a soft pastic and got walloped by a nice size trout.. I had so much fun knowing that I'd totally fooled a fish... so I sent it down for another shot... got walloped again and stubbornly tried to pull some sort of horse in but all I end up with was a very straight hook.... so get big soft plastics with strong hooks !!!!