Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice for South NSW Coast accommodation - March.

Re: Advice for South NSW Coast accommodation - March.

hit the nail on the head about the marine sanctuarys , a map is a must so you dont get pinched plenty of areas you can drift into the red zone if your not carefull. i believe they stopped netting narooma estuary some years back, stories of big green back tailor and good jew are to be caught there. but yes my pick for the ultimate accomadation/fishing is bermagui. everything is close, convenient and safe. from the horseshoe bay hotel you can cast your line straight into the sea, Tip.......at dusk big bream are to be caught opposite the hotel on fresh tuna flesh, no sinker...and if that fails well back to the bar for a schooner...

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    hit the nail on the head about the marine sanctuarys , a map is a must so you dont get pinched plenty of areas you can drift into the red zone if your not carefull. i believe they stopped netting narooma estuary some years back, stories of big green back tailor and good jew are to be caught there. but yes my pick for the ultimate accomadation/fishing is bermagui. everything is close, convenient and safe. from the horseshoe bay hotel you can cast your line straight into the sea, Tip.......at dusk big bream are to be caught opposite the hotel on fresh tuna flesh, no sinker...and if that fails well back to the bar for a schooner...
    Man are they problem (sanctuaries) - fortunately my plotter has up to date charts .... The tollgate Island down to black rock is a difficult one ..... (specially east of black rock ) it would be so easy to be caught out & there is no little yellow buoy that you can see for a fair distance .
    Narooma is a great place .... Wagonga can throw up some awesome fishing with big flat head , jew & bream ...... many a good kingy has been caught in there . The Whiting on the sand flats in front of the riverside caravan park can be something else. We used to catch elbow slappers by walking the flat (high tide) and dragging nippers 20 yards behind as we walked (a form of trolling) - I go a genuine 1kg whiting there doing that - LOVE NAROOMA
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thanks everyone great information honestly I can't wait to get there. Hopefully I catch something ha ha ha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jamie, wherever you decide to fish on S coast will be well worth the stay..as these other guys have said , Bermagui, Narooma , Sussex Inlet, Jervis Bay , Shoalhaven Bight..all geat spots to fish...I spent 35 years there and know the area well..BUT be warned any bar can be dangerous given the right conditions..you can check them all out easily tho..just type in Narooma bar crossing , for instance and you will see what can happen...even Bermagui can be nasty..best thing get local knowledge and advice...we don't want you to be famous for any other reason than for enjoying yourself..Rob

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Man are they problem (sanctuaries) - fortunately my plotter has up to date charts .... The tollgate Island down to black rock is a difficult one ..... (specially east of black rock ) it would be so easy to be caught out & there is no little yellow buoy that you can see for a fair distance .
    Narooma is a great place .... Wagonga can throw up some awesome fishing with big flat head , jew & bream ...... many a good kingy has been caught in there . The Whiting on the sand flats in front of the riverside caravan park can be something else. We used to catch elbow slappers by walking the flat (high tide) and dragging nippers 20 yards behind as we walked (a form of trolling) - I go a genuine 1kg whiting there doing that - LOVE NAROOMA
    we must have crossed paths at Narooma at sometime, we used to spend from Boxing Day until mid Jan every year for over 20 years, plus a few other times during the year, always stayed at Riverside, and "trolled" Nippers just as you described.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    we must have crossed paths at Narooma at sometime, we used to spend from Boxing Day until mid Jan every year for over 20 years, plus a few other times during the year, always stayed at Riverside, and "trolled" Nippers just as you described.
    We could have ..... I used to go down there for a week from Boxing day during the mid 80's to mid 90s - stayed with a mate and his family . Our spot was on the powered sites opposite the water front ....... My mate had his shark cat (Kitty Kat) or Marlin broadbill there .
    That trolling nippers was a cracker of a technique hey ? ...... from memory it was the former managers Ron & Julie Butler that showed me

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

I used to fish with a mate that had a Kevlacat called "Bloodsport" there was a few families went there every year, caught some ripper Whiting, saw a big Flathead dead on the bank one day, measured it with a stick and measured the stick back at the park, well over a metre long....we also got good Whiting over near Taylor's in the inlet itself, plus legal Snapper trolling small lures along the Oyster leases way up the inlet.