Thread: LB Jervis Bay???

LB Jervis Bay???

Will be having a few days at Barrara on the sth coast of NSW next week and was hoping that somebody might put me onto a couple of places to fish in the area. I don't have my boat with me, and would prefer to fish the rocks (or ledges) for pelagics (though not for marlin which I know people tartget down here in season). However, happy to fish anywhere - even for bream if needs be.

Any good tips?? feel free to PM if you prefer

Thanks

Tony

Re: LB Jervis Bay???

Have a look at haa anyone fished the tubes
    Cheers Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_N View Post
    Will be having a few days at Barrara on the sth coast of NSW next week and was hoping that somebody might put me onto a couple of places to fish in the area. I don't have my boat with me, and would prefer to fish the rocks (or ledges) for pelagics (though not for marlin which I know people tartget down here in season). However, happy to fish anywhere - even for bream if needs be.

Thanks

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_N View Post

Thanks
    Tony
    Barrara is good enough (SPs & Nippers over the local flats) ......... A great little technique is to pin a nipper cast it behind you 15M & slowly walk the flats this is done with light spin gear & can account for some lovely whiting , bream & the flat ones....... Only been there once ... but it would be a pretty good SP area (I didn't know about SPs when I was there ) .... Enjoy ... Nagg

Not a great deal around down here lately mate in the way of pelagics. Maybe some salmon and stray bonito but very little happening. Summer time is a whole different kettle of fish though!
    Good luck mate and you might do better chasing some bread and butter fish!

Thanks fellas

bread and butter fish it is then. I have a couple of light outfits with me. I'll take it on as an opportunity to learn how to use SP's in shallow water.

Thanks again

Tony