Thread: watersnake dramas

watersnake dramas

I purchased a watersnake online from an Australian distributor and its been used a bit, not huge amounts at all.. It just stopped working entirely and a check of one of the fuses and it was the cause. (meant to be waterproof) and was under the front casting deck. Anyway.. i bypass the fuse and bingo the motor turns and looks fine.. I get out on the water deploy it and while the motor would turn the propeller wont.. what the hell?? Any one else been through the whole getting it fixed and warranty process at all?
    Would like to know the easiest and quickest way to rectify the drama..
    Cheers in advance,
    Nathan.

BTW its a watersnake Shadow SWDR 44/48 44lb 12 volt.
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Re: watersnake dramas

Pull the prop off and Change the shear pin
    Cheers
    Ray

ahhh... didnt think of that.. thanks Ray i really hope its the cause..
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

If that doesn't work for you get onto Jarvis Walker in South Aus. They give exceptional service both in and out of warranty (I've had experience with both).

Had this same problem with mine a while ago. My battery was nearly flat. Would turn the head but no motor power. A recharge fixed it.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

If you have problem undoing prop nut simply hold the tool on the nut and put motor in reverse and it will undo.
    I would also be looking at what size fuse is installed and possibly replacing with a auto reset circuit breaker rated at 50% above the current rating of the motor. eg for a motor that draws 40amps I would suggest a breaker of 60amps.
    Plus one for Jervis Walker service it is superb if they cannot diagnose simple repair over phone they arrange for a courier to come to your house and pick up and return repaired motor usually within a week for metro area in Brisbane.Big difference to the big name where you have to take it to them and wait a month or so,
    Cheers
    Ray

FYI, my jarvis walker 54lber's draw 30 odd amps, I use 60 amp breakers.

I had an issue with mine.. I traced it to a dodgy connection, fixed it easy.. It was where the foot controll lead goes into the bass and than splits for power and steering