Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn 66 View Post
    Carefull Steeler ,
    By simply stating the percieved flaws in the Federal LNP , you are automatically branded as a rabid ,frothing at the mouth , communist , card carry member of the Labor Party .
    Shawn
    doesn't that describe all ALP supporters..LOL

Hmmm, is cynicism learned behaviour, or is one born with it?
    Pretty sure I've learned mine.......the flippin' hard way too!

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    ya know something steeler..it makes no difference what the Libs do..they are not in Govt..ALP is..and in my entire lifetime i have nver seen ALP Govts..Federally and in Qld make such stupid stuff ups as these mobs manage to do.
    I usually am against criminals but I am cheering for this bloke that ripped them off for $16m..Some idiot Minister blew over 200 mill on a payroll system that does not work and nothing happens to him..yet Bligh is furious that some bloke flogged 16m from the Govt.didn't the moron Minister do far worse..yet the auditor general had done checks on this bloke and said that all was good..and he had already ripped off 5 mill but that was okay..where does Bligh get off..she is totally incompetent.

as I have said before..will the LNP do better..I doubt it... so where do we go from here?

Makes no difference eh ?.

I would like to think the 3 main players within the opposition who hope to have there hands on public purse are all on the same page or are we just going to allow one incompetent government be replaced by another.

Wouldn't you hope for higher standards and cohesion than the current ?.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Just as an aside, I would like all those who say "Howard changed his mind and gave us a GST" as a justification for JULIAR changing hers and giving us a Carbon Tax (even though Howard took his change of heart to an Election, but that is an inconvenient detail oft forgotten by the hacks) to give us an opinion now on JULIAR deciding that Uranium can be sold to India, given her prior Activism against all things Nuclear? It seems to me she is setting new (low) standards in "principles for sale."

For the record, I think she's made the right move. I just have trouble stomaching the hypocrisy. We cannot have Nuclear Power, but we will sell the fuel to others. It's certainly one of the reasons Aussies have a larger carbon footprint (which means nothing, but...) but all the Green Army just can't seem to internalise that one.

God I hate Greenies, and anyone who gets into bed with them. That has been Labor's most fundamental mistake, and it is the one that defines their growing lack of relevance to the Workers of this Country.

Tim
    I notice you do a lot of hating Tim, it's not healthy mate.

Yes selling to India is an interesting move, one I suspect one day could involve some backing from India for Aus gaining a seat on the UN Security Council.

As for Julia's pre election lie (which it certainly was), she should of offered up this as an excuse "when I made that statement in the election campaign I had not the slightest inkling that there would ever be any intention to change this, but obviously when circumstances change, governments do change their opinions."
    That's the line Health Minister Tony Abbott used in his book "Battle Lines" to defend his turn around (????Lie) on his pre 2004 election promise that he and the Howard government's commitment to the Medicare safety net levels was, and to quote Tony Abbott "an absolutely rock solid, ironclad commitment". And we know what that turned out to be worth don't we.

Whats good for the goose.

Abbott turn around, he has made a career out of them.

Not to mention promises and core promises.

Seriously he is no better than most of those oxygen thieves in politics.

Re uranium to India, I reckon that decision will grease the wheels somewhat for Indian investment in Aus coal operations......ironically for me, my only objection to that would be on 'environmental' grounds lol!

Question Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    thank you very much for the joke Gazza..the ALP has had a ban on uranium sales for donkey years..so I guess a lot of ALP supporters would be let down...but that is nothing new with this mob. Would a LIberal Govt be any better..dunno..but certainly would be very hard pushed to be any worse.
    Always knew you had a SOH M8

What i've tried to point out is that from recent/actual (newly-elected) LNP's in wa/Vic/NSW* is the cost of RecFishos' fishing is to go UP....
    * [Timiboy , NSW is presently proposing? to allow Comms , 3T/perday to net Salmon , after the "biomass" has obviously improved , due to BANNING the netting of Salmon previously]

p.s. can't remember any "pre-election" promises of RecFisho costs , going UP
    but we have Mark MP bleating about a "Carbon Tax" making costs 2 fish , go up , so he must be saying/indicating....
    DUE TO THE CARBON TAX , the LNP will endorse cost of fishing GOING UP

p.p.s. haven't seen any denials.....hv U M8

Christ Gazza you must be having an off day- just about all text in black and only half a dozen smilies! What's taken the colour of your day mate?

Good to see Abbotts pref PM poll going south. If he gets worse then there is a good chance the LNP may go for a more viable alternative and actually give us a bit more choice. Although I agree with much of the sentiment here that either way we will be shafted even further regardless who wins. That said though the shafting will be minimised with a majority government so hopefully there will be a clear winner. As poor as the ALP have been this term, I have no doubt things would not have been this bad without the greens holding the balance of power and calling the shots. Even you must agree with that Timi??

I like Mark robinson coming on here, propoganda or not. At the least it shows that one side of politics recognises rec fishers votes to humour us with a bit of attention.
    Anyone who is a staunch ALP voter, please go get your go-to man/woman on here to humour us, I would like that too (bottom line is, no matter what you think of Mark, and I am by no means a blind LNP follower, you will never get an ALP mbr on here).
    I asked Mark in a previous thread (or was it earlier in this thread? can't remember). If by coming on here and saying the ALPs carbon tax would make the cost of fishing rise, is he saying that under an LNP govt, the cost wouldn't rise? everybody should be demanding this of him. C'mon Mark, if you've got the time to get on here and tell us the costs to fish will rise under ALP. Surely you can tell us they won't rise under LNP? or can't you...
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    As poor as the ALP have been this term, I have no doubt things would not have been this bad without the greens holding the balance of power and calling the shots. Even you must agree with that Timi??
    I agree completely. I considered voting for Labor Federally in 2010, if it was going to mean a Majority. I did exactly that in Tasmania in 1999.

And now that Durban has completed itself as an unmitigated failure, the base - the key - assumption of the Carbon Tax is utterly invalidated. There will be no "International Carbon Market" by 2015. None! THAT WAS THE BASE ASSUMPTION, upon which all of the modelling was done. Our National budget will go into a tailspin and a Gazillion jobs will go overseas to cheaper climes. It is a disaster.

All there is, is an agreement to negotiate "something" by 2015, to come into effect in 2020, by 190 Countries. There are no parameters around it, and a ton of escape clauses. Australia's Carbon Tax really is a case of us going alone, and it will be an utter disaster for this Country. If you can afford to go fishing after it comes in, good luck to you. If you are a truly objective Labor supporter, now is the time to say "enough" to your elected Rep. Without an International Market, we are utterly screwed.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Question Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Quote Originally Posted by nigelr View Post
    Re uranium to India, I reckon that decision will grease the wheels somewhat for Indian investment in Aus coal operations......ironically for me, my only objection to that would be on 'environmental' grounds lol!
    lol...they have more $Millionaires$ than we have population

Probably can "afford" a CT to boot IF they agreed, I think the very-limited "pollution Tax" here , is a good thing. (supposed super increase to boot)

PinHead ,can you get me a "Pollution Tax" cost/1000L , to tip paint-thinners ....down the aussie drains presently

Happy to state that the cost to fish in Qld will be less under an LNP govt than under the Labor govt.
    Off the top of my head, 3 reasons:
    1. No carbon tax under Fed and state LN/P.
    2. No rec fishing licence under LNP. I believe state Labor are considering one - the snapper tax was a community feedback exercise.
    3. No hike in boat rego - state govt has almost doubled their revenue from boat rego fees over last 4 years.
    Hope that helps,
    Mark

No RFL under the LNP ....... therefore it's pretty easy to conclude that nothing much is going to change for Qld fishoes ! ....... (sure you'll get to drop a line in a green zone) - As for improvements , well just forget it!
    I just cannot see any government prioritizing expenditure on the recreational fishing sector at the expense of other areas ....... health , education , transport , policing etc.

I for one would have preferred to hear Mark say that he would introduce an RFL (get rid off the mickey mouse add ons we currently have) ...... -Then over the next 5-10 years buyout / ban netting in estuaries - put money into restocking , greater enforcement , fisheries research / aquaculture ........ etc etc - but hey , that would be forward thinking / progressive ...... not to mention ,takes balls !
    Come on Mark ..... stop trying to be popular for the sake of votes & actually commit to do something with the portfolio once elected!

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Finally something definitive.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Then over the next 5-10 years buyout / ban netting in estuaries
    Chris
    This is a popular notion among rec fishers. But it begs the question where do those people who aren't rec fishers get a feed of fish? Import it?