Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Barwon Banks M & G April 21st

Re: Barwon Banks M & G April 21st

We're here where's bloody swell... Breaking water on bar is tinni just whatched a kyack paddle out

let us know what it looks like at low tide ????

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jootis View Post
    Hey fellas

I have a 25 ft sea crusader moored in the Gabor at mooloolaba that I rarely get time to use. I see you guys have a meet and great on at the banks. I never taken her to the banks but always have wanted to but have never had any one to tag along with before. Do you all mind if I head out there with you guys?

I would wander over to the ramp car park this after noon and you will find them enjoying a bbq. Introduce yourself, steal one of their beers and snags, learn all their names, forget them immediately and just call everyone 'mate'. Sure you will be welcome at the bbq and on the water on Saturday. Have fun.

Steve

Following on from what Steve said if you. want to get personal with them just use the names Brett or Rob.......you'll have a pretty good strike rate with using these names randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by 20ran. View Post
    We're here where's bloody swell... Breaking water on bar is tinni just whatched a kyack paddle out
    so i hope you guys remembered your bungs this time? so one of yas doesnt have to ride with there toe in the fueltank hole!!!

Just came back from gnerings through the bar on low to easy as long as u whatch out for surfers lol . Where are yous

DSC_0089.jpg......here......

sorry guys....I'm a no-show.....feel free to respond with a spray....I'm expecting it

hope the weather is kind and the fish hungry

cheers Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    DSC_0089.jpg......here......
    Rock fishing

As for me - deckie pulled the pin and SWMBO has a honey do list for attention
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by 20ran. View Post
    Just came back from gnerings through the bar on low to easy as long as u whatch out for surfers lol . Where are yous
    Fish pics ?

Been chasing mackerel lately. Going a lot better on this moon phase.

Bar was ok today. Can't see it being any different tommorrow. I am going to be early and late so I have plenty of water on the bar. Have not had a look at it at low tide.

Swell was normal sort of period but moving pretty fast. Had a touch of S in it but pretty easterly. I had seen one BOM forecast that had the swell at 3m, NE and a 50m period. That's more what had me worried. The true 3m of swell which is on the outside is not getting into the bay because it luckily has just a touch or South in it, not much, but enough.

Well I did drop by the ramps last night and met a few - all good

Brought little fella along and he was entertained by the forumites too

There seemed to be a pretty good roll up so I expect there will be some great reports from this trip - good hunting guys.

Peter thanks for the mark wide of The Banks looking forward to trying it - nice to meet you guys too.

Took little fella to mackas for a icecream and hot apple pie and we went home to be told off for staying out late by mum - so all in all a great but short boys outing
    Last edited by TREVELLY; 23-04-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: I am bad with names :-)
    Cheers

Trev

Yeah that marks going to be awesome hey Trev ?

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Yeah that marks going to be awesome hey Trev ?
    I will make sure I don't mark it with my next anchor
    Cheers

Trev

report.jpgIMG_0249.jpgwas a little dissapointed to see alot of people not there? excuses gentleman lets hear them.

was a good turn out however. with daveo providing first class prawns and 20ran cooking up enough bbq food to feed an army everyone had a good night a few drinks and everyone reminaed very behaved surprisingly. it was myself and bruce who had the oppurtunity to fish with Bill '2IC' and our plan was to head out the bar just on daylight and i think basically everybody did the same thing. except for wardys in. and those blokes from across the border was a little confused as to weather or not to call him santa or ' tranter'. anyway they LAUNCHED about 830pm and dissapeared never heard from them for the rest of the trip? how did you go guys? for all we know is you got lost in the canals following damo's directions or his nose?

we headed out straight to the middle of the banks and worked our way north. fishing was very productive in the morning with lots of fish comming on board however at around 10:30ish the bite really slowed down and all we could manage was pickers. eventually the wind eased off and once we where out there is was quite comfortable. either way we got a great feed. and it was a very enjoyable day thanks again Bill!

looking forward to hearing the rest of the reports and seeing some pictures guys.