Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric trailer winch

Re: Electric trailer winch

Hey jack, can u send couple picks.
    How about the cable.
    Pity they dont do a remote one, without cable.

Hey jarrah jack, what poundage did you get in the ATV winch. I have been looking at those with a keen interest in trying one out. I like the planetary gearset instead of the clutch pack most of the electric winches have.

Speed is a low priority for me. It takes longer to back the trailer into the water than the winch up. 5m boat @ 2-3m per minute is very little time on the ramp.

Damo's dodgy boat building repair centre.
    Damo's dodgy boat repairs.
    1993 bermuda by Haines 530f - completed resto.
    1976 cruisecraft rogue 14 - estuary weapon.
    1984 vickers easyrider 156 - future project.

Here you go. The seller is a great bloke, very honest and actually answers emails.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wireless-...item3cf5cc27c7

I replaced the steel cable with braided one.

The only problem I've found is selecting disengage while there's pressure on the winch but take the pressure off and its fine. I broke the plastic knob and was sent a whole new gear case within days.

Hey Jack, they look pretty impressive.
    Obviously they dont have their own handle to d manual wind?

U did say that u got both winches?

It said cordless. How does that work?

Any pics of yours

I've had a power winch for quite a few years, mine doesn't have a reversing mode which is annoying at times but as it still works I'm not about to change it, I ran some fairly heavy cable with a 30 amp breaker to an Anderson plug at the rear of the truck, simple to plug in and operate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    I use an ATV type winch, $160 off e bay. Mount in such a way that you can put your hand winch either underneath or behind for emergencies. Remote control and quicker than the boat winches.
    What size boat is it pulling up? Like the idea for my next one. Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by lee8sec View Post
    What size boat is it pulling up? Like the idea for my next one. Leigh
    Mine is pulling up a 4.2 tinnie. My mates use the same for a 5mtr Nova and another has an 18ft Cuddy. The remote is instead of a control cable not power. I can hold my boat in the surf and winch it on at the same time then jump in the ute and keep winching from there while driving out.

Hey Jack, does it have a cable if remote shits itself? Hold about a handle?

Went down to Whitworths today to pick up Powerwinch. Decided to go that way. Only because they were in Brisbane and if something went wrong, i could take back.

I rang up and asked them to put one away and I asked if it had a handle in case i needed it.

The bloke told me yes , all in the box.

Well they opened up the box, because i wanted to checked everything. I said whetes the handle and the bloke said, no handle with this cheap model.

Well number 1. $299 isnt cheap, and 2 , I was told included a handle, as I rang first.

They told me I could buy a handle for $35.

He was a bit surprised when I said to forget the whole thing. Obviously they didnt want a sale.

I dont go there very often and now I know why.

So i will now look at the one that you bought Jack.

cheers

Contact Lance at http://www.reeltackle.com.au/ 0423235291for good service and will probably beat whitworths price. he is located slacks creek and very obliging.
    Cheers
    Ray

Hey Ray.
    just checked their website. Power winch 315 is $455. At whitworths for same winch $299.

Give him a ring but looks like whitworths are unbeatable that is a big difference.
    Cheers
    Ray

Greg

i have a 3000lb at winch and pulls my 5.5 plate boat no problems.
    Attach the electric winch where your manual winch is and attach the manual winch underneath it.

The atv comes hard wired remote and a wireless remote. Buy a cheap secondhand battery and place it on your boat trailer.