Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trade up or re-power?

Re: trade up or re-power?

Just changed all the old lights over, wired in a new gps/fish finder and started measuring up for the fuel tank, just need to decide on capacity vs space. if pop it in the small footwell at the front i think i could just about get an 80 litter capacity, alternatively rip up the floor and put a 100l+ tank, replace the floor and by the look of it a kill tank since the picture above looks brilliant.

Re: trade up or re-power?

I recently gave my old Savage Atlantic a once over... new floor, new transom, new paint.. upgraded lighting, underfloor tank and semi retired the old tower of terror onto a smaller boat for a bit of fun, nothing wrong with it other than its age and after a lot of research and to-ing and fro-ing decided on a 130hp E-Tec.. absolutely lovely motor, good power to weight, good economy, quiet and no smoke. lot of people at the boat ramps assume its a four stroke.. ended up with a very nice boat for all I want to do both inshore and out for a reasonable investment. I find myself comparing what I have with newer boats and i'm happy with my decision to revamp and repower.