Thread: Universal freefall winch

Universal freefall winch

I've been thinking about buying a anchor winch and have been looking at the universal freefall winch. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these?

Re: Universal freefall winch

Great service, and fantastic product. Its the best drum winch on the market, also the most expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Great service, and fantastic product. Its the best drum winch on the market, also the most expensive.
    And the price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

He used to have pricing on his web site but looks like its been re done. I supplied and fitted one for a customer a couple of years back but cant remember exactly what it cost him. Best you give them a call if your interested, as I said best on the market by a mile.
    http://universalwinch.com.au/the_range.html

Thanks PB I'll have to contact him for some more info. They were about the only drum winch I liked

can u throw the pricing up when you get it please? thanks

They look the Bees Knees to me, have a NG streesfree on the longboat and think it's fantastic. We have just bought a 28 footer as a bit of a project and after looking at Universals web site I will probably go with one of them. It will be good to hear some feed back about them.

TMC

Just got some pricing on the couple I'm looking at.

Series 3000 : $3500.00 + GST = $3850.00
    Series 3200 : $3850.00 + GST = $4235.00

Hey Fisho,
    Did you end up with a Universal winch?

TMC

Haven't bought any winch yet still looking around but think I'll end up with one.

wait.. did i read those prices correct?

Yeah mate. Their pricey but look to be a better built unit than any other on the market. Everyone I've talked to that have these swear by them over their competitors. It's a lot of coin but they seem to also outlast the others and I'd rather only pay once.

iw ill say they do look the part.highly engineered. i wonder how well they go inside a well?. i think a boost to 5 yearwarranty would be a nice addition

Old thread but researching...now 10 year warranty.