Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Cairns area - saltwater.

Re: Cairns area - saltwater.

Just take some Mack lures. I killed it on Friday on lazer pros alone. Took a chick out for snorkeling & fishing. It was the best day out ever. The water is at Max vis at the moment. There is a good mooring around the noreast side of rudder which has some excellent snorkeling from shallow to deep stuff.

Attachment 96726Got out Friday night . good set of jacks, Reds Long nose, Green and Rosy Job. cupla spangles but threw some back. Caught deep doing drifts

Cheers!
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Sounds like a good mixed bag Odes.. looks like the picture might be having some trouble though, the link isn't working

Heading out tomorrow off Innisfail with the inlaws seeing as though none of my family can go this weekend. Fingers crossed it stay down tomorrow too.

Pazz

It's usually down lower off there Pazz, happy hunting. We got out late, did a fair bit of snorkelling then went hunting for new ground, think I've found an uncharted wreck and found one big show of what looked to be big largemouth nannys, pretty late by then so few quick drifts but they weren't hitting the plastics, so I'll start there with bait next trip.

[IMG][/IMG]

Got out Friday night . good set of jacks, Reds Long nose, Green and Rosy Job. cupla spangles but threw some back. Caught deep doing drifts

Cheers!

Looks like a nice dark tailed sea perch there too.

Yep there is one. No nannies on the trip but we set sail for shore at 1.30 am . my guess is we could have got some LM as daylight approached as they usually come on the chew then. but we were pretty much close to full esky

That rusty job fish will be pretty good on the chew too! Only ever got one of those before and it was very nice!!!!!

Nice haul odes some great eating fish there

Yep mate a soft fish when filleted , a mate caught a bigger one of those Rusty Job recently and tasted really great. Sometimes people call them Iron Jaw

Almost a PB large mouth, came in a 83.5cm. Full report later.

Cheers.

Attachment 96746

Hi all, ill join the thread.......im in Innisfail.

Ant

Hey Guys

Fished off Innisfail in perfect conditions again on Saturday. We managed 10 trout a few spangles and a bit of other stuff, but I think a few more could have been had if we spent a little more time anchoring up properly. The trout were full of rowe so I think they would be spawning down there this moon.

In the middle of the day went for a swim in the shallows at Wardle reef and it was pristine. Clear visibility, plenty of marine life was a really nice day. I hadn't been for a swim out the reef for years. Saw a fair few trout, mainly little fellas, but in the bit deeper I noticed a nice footballer and a good size trout. But I couldn't get down to spear them. I've come to notice that the body isn't as fit as it was when I was 20.

Not that many boats out which was surprising. There was a trout boat out there on wardle so I think he may have given the reef a bit of a hammering before we got there, but we managed a good feed. Also got a few monster tea leaf trevally which managed to give my hands a bit of a work out.

Cheers
    Pazz

Anyone heading out tomorrow? I am hoping it drops out a little down to the forecast of 10 knots tomorrow. Fingers crossed the trout should be about with the spawning etc. I'll post up a bit of a report if we can catch a couple.

Pazz