Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colorado owners.... question

Re: Colorado owners.... question

Let's just say that since " out-sourcing " of building certain vehicles, " re-calls " have been on the rise...
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Let's just say that since " out-sourcing " of building certain vehicles, " re-calls " have been on the rise...
    Locally built vehicles are not immune, the commodore has been recalled three times.

Quote Originally Posted by YOOT View Post
    Locally built vehicles are not immune, the commodore has been recalled three times.
    Note the similarities, both holdens LOL

Hey Hainsofast.

What a load of codswallop you have spouted. I have just returned from a trip to North Qld over some of the roughest roads any one could imagine towing 16 foot caravan with the tinnie up on top and never experienced any problems at all.

7000 k's roundtrip.

Also towing the little boat trailer up and down sand hill to go fishing and crabbing. Definitely no salt work, just tracks to the beach.

The only thing of any concern was the gas stove pulled a screw from it's mounting in the van and had to be replaced. One only little screw.

My vehicle is a 2013 2.8 liter Colorado and has at present done 30 000 k's.

For your info nearly all manufactured products suffer some form of defect, be it material faults or design faults.

Any motor car may fall into this category and none are perfect.

I think you may need to lighten up a bit and accept that nothing in this world is perfect and never will be.

just work around it.

Have fun Haji-Baba

This video explains the phenomena Phil.

Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Aussiebasher, that was so simple even I understood what is going on.

The video was done by Spicer I think. Saw it on FB yesterday and it explained what I was trying to put into words a lot betterer. Always make sure your uni joints are lined up properly.
    Dale

still have the vibrations? they say its because you have a lift kit and you need wedges or something. apologies if its already been addressed. didnt read thread

I have done the wedges. Also.,

Here is a copy of the letter I sent to Motorama Holden who were doing some investigating for me.

Well, this has me stumped.

After my visit to your workshop and chat with Warren and Matt, I went back to Bob Jane where I bought the new tyres. A lengthy discussion took place and they Road Force tested the 2 rear tyres, again. Results attached. They also did a good balance. When they first did the Road Force test on the rear tyres only a couple of weeks ago... both rear tyres had 6.5kgs of ... ??? whatever it is called.... and the wheels were balanced.

They also swapped the RR and RL over.

They assured me that there is nothing wrong with the tyres and in fact are very very good, spec wise.

I then took it for a road test............ no difference. Still vibrating.

The next day I took the car to my mech and we swapped the front wheels & tyres to the rear and visa versa... just to humour me.

Took it for a road test and there was minimal vibration.... ???? what ????

So, the next day I took the car up the highway again........... the vibration was back but at about 3/4 's of what it normally is. This lasted for about 1 kilometer.. after that it stopped. I drove the vehicle another 5 kilometers... turned around and about 6 - 7 k's back to home with no vibration. Wierd ! I have again taken the car out for another road test this time heading into the city from Springwood........ drove for a few k's and then back.... no vibration.

OK, this has me stumped... YES, I am happy the vibration has all but gone, but the preceeding events confuse me.

Now the strange part is, the current tyres from Bob Jane road force tested great.... the tyres they replaced tuned up at 32kgs.... really really bad.... these tyres are of a set of Genuine Holden ( Collie ) tyres......... so wondering how could 2 rear tyres spin up at 32kgs and now I have the other 2 from the same set on the rear and car is smooth ?

Let's not forget, that I have had the original set of tyres ( vibrated )... an aftermarket set of ATV's.... ( vibrated )... another set of genuine Holden tyres ( 200k's old and vibrated ).... and the brand new set of Pirellis from Bob Jane .. ( vibrated )....... and now with those Pirellis on the front and the Genuine tyres on the rear... all is good. Could I have been that unlucky to get 4 sets of rear tyres that were " dogey " ?????

I hope the vibration stays away.

I still have no idea what the hell happened. ???

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Phill

I have nothing to offer with the vibration as i was lucky and didnt have any issues with my '13 LTZ cre cab. Just rolled over on the lease and have another LTZ crew cab with a"15 vintage and cannot believe the issue i have...... there is no CD player haha apparently the way of the future. Great utes i recon.

Quote Originally Posted by dww13 View Post
    Phill

I have nothing to offer with the vibration as i was lucky and didnt have any issues with my '13 LTZ cre cab. Just rolled over on the lease and have another LTZ crew cab with a"15 vintage and cannot believe the issue i have...... there is no CD player haha apparently the way of the future. Great utes i recon.
    You will have to retire the collection to the boat to use as signalling mirrors. LOL

Phil, this may be a little out there, but different tyres could have different side wall densities. A softer side wall or even a softer rubber compound on the tread could absorb the vibration from the fast/slow phenomena of the slight angle difference. They say the problem is worse with lower profile tyres.
    Dale

I went to a decent tire shop with an old school guy doing the fitting - as he was fitting my new rims he asked if i,d notice a vibration as he had noticed my tires (3 of the 4) had not been fitted correctly from the factory ( i drove the car from the dealership to work and then to the tire shop to fit the new wheel so 25kms all up) he said something about the red dots on the tires not being in the right spot on the rims.
    I not had a vibration problem in 30 000km mostly hiway driving and towing.
    love the collie by the way.

BigE

I had vibration also on my colorado 2014 around 90klm/h from day one.. Holden told me they are working on a problem.
    So i just booked the car at http://www.straightwheels.com.au and problem fix

having the best tool it does not mean they know how to fix it
    good tool need good technition

for the price what I pay for the car, I'm very happy with it
    good towing truck and very economical

How is the oil usage?? Some interesting discussion here regarding same.

http://www.caravanersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60516

BTW - got a recall this week for the 2014 Subaru Forrester. Happening with all makes these days.