Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    It really shits me people bringing up shit from 2+ years ago that has been brought up atlease 50 times throughout the thread ffs
    Mate - you post on here asking for help with things. Then people with a shitload of knowledge, who have done it all before, give you advice and you ignore it. Admittedly I couldn’t do half of what you have achieved already, but you seem to ignore very good suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Ehsman View Post
    Why bother putting posts up if you can't handle constructive criticism.
    When 2 years has past and u have done the transom twice thereminder of how u done it wrong gets ####ing tiring man my transom is done and finish yet its still being dragged up as something to beat the chest and recall about

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Mate - you post on here asking for help with things. Then people with a shitload of knowledge, who have done it all before, give you advice and you ignore it. Admittedly I couldn’t do half of what you have achieved already, but you seem to ignore very good suggestions.
    Gunna im taking advice from all over the internet not just here i am taking bits here and there and using what suits me and my style, a lot of guys here do have sound advice but a lot dont too and still comment but im not not picking like people are with me notd
    Doing 1 job 50 times over to suit everyone that offered advice

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Funny, I got banned from a forum because someone said I said something and reported me, never heard of the guy or had any idea what he was talking about, but I was just "out" another member I have known for years suggested I get a chance to explain and I was allowed back!
    Noelm..was that from fishnet.days..??... became one of the most toxic sites,sadly,

guys in other posts..... just cos you offer priceless, gold standard advice on an anonymous internet site doesnt mean anyone "has" to obey...opinions are like arseholes ..everyones got one..and thats it.

I got banned on Fishraider years ago. And I was a moderator at the time lol.

Fish Raider was a good forum Huey (Craig) was an asset to that site

I got server banned for editing my own picture by the husban the wife wasnt much of a thriller either but generally the guys on the forum were good blokes

One of there strange rules of being a member u couldnt edit your own pictures

Quote Originally Posted by inveratta View Post
    Noelm..was that from fishnet.days..??... became one of the most toxic sites,sadly,

guys in other posts..... just cos you offer priceless, gold standard advice on an anonymous internet site doesnt mean anyone "has" to obey...opinions are like arseholes ..everyones got one..and thats it.
    I was a member of Fishnet for years, and knew a bit of what went on behind the scenes, strangely enough, it was an old fishnet member who suggested I get a fair hearing on the site I was banned from.

I just found some reasonable foam its EPE but it is marine grade EPE andis certified buoyancy foam

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EPE-Foam...IAAOSwpIhesKaG

2 sheetsof that will do my floor

how heavy is your four stroke gazza , maybe a little bit of foam under the bilge area incase you take a greenie over the back , might save your engine if you get swamped . i was just wrecking out some of my bilge and notice the expanda foam had been put in under the floor of the bilge , it was ok but had a bit of fuel soakage and turned black where it was waterlogged.

Hey Cat 200kg if i can get 1/5th of a cubic meter of foam under the back it will float the outboard hopefully

Hey Cat 200kg if i can get 1/5th of a cubic meter of foam under the back it will float the outboard hopefully
    How? It's inside the hull therefore won't affect bouyancy. Or am I misreading you.
    Edit. Yep, misread the quote, this is in case your swamped.

As for the boat i really need the reassurance knowing the boat wont sink i just cant afford to lose the hull and engine as its cost me about 9k for the hull and engine i need to know it will float whatever happens on splash day

I may just go with the cheaper foam
    Honestly, if this is the motivation for foam, give it up now. If it sinks and the motor goes under its rooted, foam or no foam. Level flotation isn't going to save the motor in a new boat let alone what you're doing here. The idea of foam is to hopefully keep the hull, or whats left of it, floating in some form to give you something to hold onto while you wait for the helicopter.

My 2c on the foam. If cost is the issue, get yourself some polystyrene blocks, a roll of heavy builders plastic and some good gaffa tape. Shape it then wrap it. This is all I had under the hull of my tinnie. It wasn't even wrapped when I got the boat but I wasn't keen on breaking up under the floor so I wrapped it. 20 years later it was still there. You are using epoxy so there are no issues with the resin melting it and it will be sealed off from contact with fuel (at least it should be) by bungs at a bare minimum in a glass boat - unlike my tin rig but it was never an issue.

Not sure what to do, i could epoxy coat the foam thats being delievered, vacuum bag and seal that foam or look at something else

Epoxy coating the foam should work provided it bonds okay (which I suspect it would). Just try a small piece first.

You could find yourself going through a shed load of resin though, particularly where you have to cut the foam and it exposes open cells.